Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

$10 shot and a burger at Sidebar in July, for some ...

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:38 am

Kind of an odd promotion, it seems to me, but hey, if you work for City Hall or if you're active-duty or retired military with ID, you're in. :mrgreen:

Freedom Fridays will feature a $10 burger and bourbon for military personnel
and municipal officials

Sidebar at Whiskey Row will host Freedom Fridays throughout the month of July to thank individuals for their service to the country. Inspired by the upcoming 4th of July holiday, each Friday in July will feature the Sidebar burger and a PennyPacker bourbon for $10. This special is available for municipal officials (Louisville, Ky.), and military personnel, current or retired, with a valid ID.

For reservations call 384-1600.

Sidebar at Whiskey Row
Whiskey Row lofts
http://sidebarwhiskeyrow.com.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: $10 shot and a burger at Sidebar in July, for some ...

by Steve P » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Kind of an odd promotion, it seems to me, but hey, if you work for City Hall or if you're active-duty or retired military with ID, you're in. :mrgreen:

Actually a pretty common promotion in the retail world. The "major outdoor retailer" I work for has a "hometown heroes" weekend (I think it is) once per quarter. On that weekend local, state and federal "heroes" (police, EMT, firemen, etc, etc) as well as active and retired military get "employee pricing". Ya'll come on in and get that new 9mm you've been longing for :wink:
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:54 pm

I understand the members of the military and emergency services getting a discount but just employees of Metro government? They get enough perks are ready!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Steve P wrote:Actually a pretty common promotion in the retail world. The "major outdoor retailer" I work for has a "hometown heroes" weekend (I think it is) once per quarter. On that weekend local, state and federal "heroes" (police, EMT, firemen, etc, etc) as well as active and retired military get "employee pricing". Ya'll come on in and get that new 9mm you've been longing for :wink:

Nice. So the poor b@stard who came home from Iraq loaded with PTSD can come in and buy what he needs to go shoot up a school. :twisted:
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:34 am

Mark R. wrote:I understand the members of the military and emergency services getting a discount but just employees of Metro government? They get enough perks are ready!

Only the extra directors, assistant directors, and cabinet directors who make six figures and are added by friends of the administration.

The regular Metro employees have a fairly low pay scale, and a workload that increases every time there are cuts or a hiring freeze to lower costs. Of course, those hiring freezes don't apply when the administration wants to create a new level on top.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:47 am

Margie L wrote:The regular Metro employees have a fairly low pay scale, and a workload that increases every time there are cuts or a hiring freeze to lower costs. Of course, those hiring freezes don't apply when the administration wants to create a new level on top.

This makes sense to me! I don't object in principle to Sidebar's promotion, it just seemed a little odd without more explanation. Given that they're based on legal metaphors, a connection with Metro Hall isn't really all that out of line.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Margie L wrote: Only the extra directors, assistant directors, and cabinet directors who make six figures and are added by friends of the administration.

The regular Metro employees have a fairly low pay scale, and a workload that increases every time there are cuts or a hiring freeze to lower costs. Of course, those hiring freezes don't apply when the administration wants to create a new level on top.

I certainly agree with that but you know as well as I do that the ones you mentioned in your 1st paragraph who are making the 6 figures are the ones that are going to be taking advantage of this promotion! The worker bees don't have time to partake. That's why I think it's kind of a bad image to create for the general public since the people for Metro government who will be taking advantage of it are better off than most citizens who can't take advantage of the promotion.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Mark R. wrote:
Margie L wrote: Only the extra directors, assistant directors, and cabinet directors who make six figures and are added by friends of the administration.

I certainly agree with that but you know as well as I do that the ones you mentioned in your 1st paragraph who are making the 6 figures are the ones that are going to be taking advantage of this promotion! The worker bees don't have time to partake. That's why I think it's kind of a bad image to create for the general public since the people for Metro government who will be taking advantage of it are better off than most citizens who can't take advantage of the promotion.

Trust me, by Friday the worker bees are ready for a drink.

The guys on top are already home in the east end and dining at fancier places.