Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

Hope you *don't* like Velveeta

by Steve H » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:22 am

Bit of an oopsie.

Thank goodness they don't use wood shelves though.
:lol:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Hope you *don't* like Velveeta

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:30 am

Summarizing the top of the story for those too busy to click. (For me it's a double no-go, because I don't eat Velveeta and I don't shop at Walmart. ;) )

WDRB-41 wrote:Kraft issues recall for Velveeta cheese

NORTHFIELD, Ill. (AP) -- Kraft said Thursday it is recalling 260 cases of Velveeta Original Pasteurized Recipe Cheese product from Walmart stores in up to 12 states, including Indiana, because the cheese lacks the proper amount of preservatives.

Insufficient levels of sorbic acid has led to the recall of 260 cases of Velveeta original pasteurized recipe cheese product because it could cause the cheese to spoil prematurely or cause food-borne illnesses.

Kraft Foods Group Inc. said the cheese was sent to three Walmart distribution centers and could have been shipped to as many as 12 states: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin.

The company said the code on the packages is 021000611614. The packages also have a date stamp that reads "17 DEC 2014" and the timeframe is between 10:54 and 14:35.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:33 pm

So it'll only last 2 years instead of the usual 5?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:23 pm

That's too bad. Velveeta might be the only product in Wal-mart not sourced from China. (yet)
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:06 pm

Seems like a waste to pull it off shelves. Why not call it Velveeta Organic and sell it for twice the price of regular faux-cheez?
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg