Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Wing Stop - Jeffersontown

no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Wing Stop - Jeffersontown

by Steve P » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:47 am

One of the few redeeming things about the time I spent in OKC a few years back was a restaurant called "Wing Stop" located a couple of miles from where I stayed...Wing Stop is a Dallas based chain that serves up some of the most awesome wings known to mankind. We've had a Wing Stop here in Louisville for quite some time but it's located on a side of the tracks that I don't often frequent...So I was excited to learn that one had just opened in Jeffersontown (Next to Moe's Southwest Grill, in the same plaza as Melting Pot). Yesterday I took the opportunity to enjoy a late lunch at the new location and it did not disappoint...without a doubt the best wings I've had in Louisville

If you go, here's what to expect...The place is small, maybe 10 tables. They serve wings (10 "flavors"), fries, a couple of choices of "sides", soft drinks and American Lager and that's about it. They have two TV's but it's not a "sports bar-ish" lets hang out and slam a bucket of suds place, instead it has kind of an "eat and run" feel to it. I'm pretty sure they make their living on "to go" orders and they have "family packs" of up to 100 pieces (83.99, including three large sides and four orders of veggies sticks, etc).

I know wings aren't the "go to" choice in the heat of summer for a lot of people but when it comes time for the "Big Game" this fall I would highly recommend putting this place high on your list when you start putting together that tailgating menu. Seriously, these are some awesome wings.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Joshua R

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Wing Stop - Jeffersontown

by Joshua R » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:29 am

I heard about this last night, and am pretty excited (only about 10 minutes from my house). If the wings are even better than Rootie's, well that's got me even more excited. Any suggestions on what flavors to get? I'm eyeing up Garlic Parm, Louisiana Rub, and the Original Hot as a possible first order.
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:51 am

Joshua R wrote:I heard about this last night, and am pretty excited (only about 10 minutes from my house). If the wings are even better than Rootie's, well that's got me even more excited. Any suggestions on what flavors to get? I'm eyeing up Garlic Parm, Louisiana Rub, and the Original Hot as a possible first order.

As much as I like Marty's wings (Rooties), I'm going to give a -slight- edge to Wing Stop. I always go for the Cajun (my fav) or the Original Hot...but it seems they've added a couple of new sauces (or at least I don't recall them from my days in OKC) so I may experiment in the coming days/weeks.

One little hint, if you get a "to go" order (a) pick 'em up as soon as they are done and (b) open the boxes and let a little of the steam out as soon as you get 'em in the car...otherwise (any) wing will get a little "rubbery".

I'm giddy with the thought of Game 1 of the World Series, a 30 pack of Wing Stop wings and a 12 pack of ice cold Rolling Rock. :D It doesn't get much better.
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:57 am

Those must be some great wings! That's quite a hike for you isn't Steve? I can't think of a better referral than the willingness to drive that far for a good wing. :D
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Carla G wrote:Those must be some great wings! That's quite a hike for you isn't Steve? I can't think of a better referral than the willingness to drive that far for a good wing. :D

I don't know that I'd make the jaunt from Garage Logic on a whim...it DOES take a while to get those mules hooked up...but if it's a big game or I happen to know I'm going to be in the area for other things, I'll certainly make the effort...they ARE that good. Talking to the owner they plan a second franchise in St Matts this time next year.

BTW....for anyone doing the carry out thing on game day, if it's anything like the one in OKC I would call -early-...maybe even the day before. I seem to recall trying to place an order before one of the college bowl games and the lady said something like "Honey, you should have called us yesterday...we can't take any more orders today"
no avatar
User

Jason G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

by Jason G » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:51 am

Wow I drive by this every day picking up my son. Was wondering if the place was any good. Will definitely be checking it out now. Thanks for the heads up.
no avatar
User

Tony G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 am

Louisville Ky 40214

by Tony G » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:56 pm

The wife and I along with a friend went it the Hbourne Wingstop tonite. Wow! We were impressed. Fabulous wings, perfect fresh cut fries. The 3 of us had our fill for only $27. I had the Mango Habanero (miles better than BW3 version) and the Louisiana Rub. The manager (or owner) and all the staff were SO nice. I made a point to tell them how much we loved the food and the place. We will be back there many times. One thing I will say is you want to eat the wings and fries immediately after served. I'm not sure how the take out will travel. I just don't believe the wings we had were frozen, they tasted incredibly fresh. I give this place a 2 thumbs up.