Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Eggheadz LLC to open another concept restaurant

by Mark R. » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:44 pm

Eggheadz LLC is going to open another concept restaurant and Bardstown Road. It will be called Strati Wild Italian and much like Blaze, Moe's customers will go down a line specifying what items they want on their dish. Seems like the style of restaurant is going to be available for every kind of food you can imagine. It's interesting that this is being announced now just before Noodles & Company is going to be opening on Hurstbourne Parkway, a restaurant and has a very similar concept but has not only Italian but also other ethnic varieties of pasta-based dishes.

Here's the article from business 1st: http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2014/06/18/wild-eggs-wild-rita-s-owners-opening-new.html?ana=e_du_pub&s=article_du&ed=2014-06-18&u=jmaEvPefCYz57LwC/D+tbu+JKPf&t=1403123275
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Madeline Peters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 pm

St Matthews

Re: Eggheadz LLC to open another concept restaurant

by Madeline Peters » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:34 pm

http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_ ... rant-2015/

I am pretty excited about this place! I love that building. I can't remember the name of the restaurant but it was one of the first places we visited in Louisville. The food was okay but I was more impressed with the bar and the outdoor spaces. The place was hopping! Kevin Grangier is like Fernando Martinez. Those two just know how to do it. They would make a formidable team!
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Madeline Peters wrote:http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_culture/dining/garretts-site-house-kevin-grangiers-new-fish-restaurant-2015/

I am pretty excited about this place! I love that building. I can't remember the name of the restaurant but it was one of the first places we visited in Louisville. The food was okay but I was more impressed with the bar and the outdoor spaces. The place was hopping! Kevin Grangier is like Fernando Martinez. Those two just know how to do it. They would make a formidable team!

I'm excited we are going to get another seafood restaurant in Louisville, we definitely need one. The building where they are going was great when it was Garretts but really went downhill during the last couple of iterations. Hopefully when they opened a new restaurant they won't completely ignore inside seating and push al fresco dining like they do at the Village Anchor! Many of us would prefer eating inside away from smoke and allergies.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:13 am

"It's Qdoba or Chipotle, but it's Italian," Rothberg said.

Hmm I never wish hometown people ill but I dont think he's done his market research. Sbarro's just went through Chapter 11 bankruptcy and Olive Garden isnt far behind. No one in that market is really wowing analysts.
I eat, therefore I am.
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:02 am

So, it's basically a steam table restaurant? These were really prevalent in the 50s and 60s.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson