Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Seviche: Father's Day Dinner

no avatar
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

Seviche: Father's Day Dinner

by Doug Davis » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:00 pm

So this evening we ate out at Seviche for our father's day dinner with the in-laws in tow as well. We had a problem with our meal, but in the end experienced the BEST service we have ever had in 5 years of living in and dining out in Louisville.

Situation: I ordered a special of the evening a hanger steak with root vegetables and mashed red potatoes. I had ordered the hanger steak medium rare, but when it arrived at the table it was medium well to well done.
Things done right-
1. Our waiter immediately made note of it and without a second's hesitation said he would immediately return it to the kitchen for replacement.
2. The chef arrived at our table to apologize for the discrepancy and to bring me a free bowl of the evening's special gazpacho soup with lump crab so I had something to eat with everyone else while the new steak was cooking. Additionally he informed me that the front of house manager had already removed the cost of the dish from our meal.
3. After the new steak was served, the chef came back out again to make sure everything was just right.
4. At no point in time did I have to ask for any of this. The replacement, the comp, the soup, it was all handled efficiently, professionally and with concern by the entire staff.

This is how you do customer service. I will be honest with all the new restaurants popping up it had been sometime since we had been to Seviche. Well this evening has certainly guaranteed them a place back in my regular weekly rotation.
I eat, therefore I am.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Seviche: Father's Day Dinner

by Mark R. » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:58 pm

That's a great example of excellent customer service! A customer should never have to ask for something when his meal arrives with problems. Once he identifies a problem everything else should be automatic! Unfortunately, this isn't what always happens. Fortunately you're at one of the places in Louisville that I would expect it would happen correctly and it did.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:33 am

Becky and I chose Seviche for our anniversary dinner last night. Everything was perfect - the food, the presentation and the service. We had not been there for a while but will definitely be back soon.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:22 am

I have literally never had a single dish or beverage at Seviche that I didn't absolutely love. Not a regular menu item currently, I believe, but sometimes available as a special: the Veal Calves Liver Caramelized Onions, Point Reyes Bleu Cheese, Giant Peruvian Lima Beans is unbelievable. Not to mention my beloved Churrascos, which I've probably ordered at least 8 times, maybe more. With a staff like a well-oiled machine, a beautiful patio, and an outstanding bar program - what's not to love?
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Also ate there on Father's Day, concur entirely. They did an excellent job, especially when it was pretty crushed in there.