Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

alan rosenberg

no avatar
User

Joe Phillips

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:35 pm

New Albany

Re: alan rosenberg

by Joe Phillips » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:30 am

Springhurst has never been closed and hours have remained same which is Sunday-thurs 11am-9pm, Friday and Saturday 11am-11pm. Will post permanent hours soon. Thanks.
peace
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:12 am

Joe Phillips wrote:Springhurst has never been closed and hours have remained same which is Sunday-thurs 11am-9pm, Friday and Saturday 11am-11pm. Will post permanent hours soon. Thanks.

I have had separate conversations with Alan about this . . . we've been turned away during the week at 8:20 because there were no customers and they were closing early, thus we don't frequent (as we tend to eat late) unless we can order by around 8.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:32 am

Joe Phillips wrote:Springhurst has never been closed and hours have remained same which is Sunday-thurs 11am-9pm, Friday and Saturday 11am-11pm. Will post permanent hours soon. Thanks.

I'm sorry if I said something that was untrue. Certainly that was not my intention. I did call the store and I did ask specifically about springhurst. They said closed. Maybe the guy misunderstood. Maybe he thought I meant cardinal town. But he did say it was closed. Sorry for my role in any confusion.

Kris
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:08 pm

At papalinos Baxter now. Springhurst is open. I do apologize. Just passing on what I heard. Sorry.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:03 am

We've got some info from Joe Phillips at Papalino's on this. I posted it as a new topic,
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22023
but to complete the circle here, I'll repeat what Joe told me in a Facebook chat:

Just for correct info, papalinos has not sold to corporate not is it closing, quite the opposite. It's locally owned and doing a facelift and branding and moving forward with the concept. The hours and website will be updated. It's just no longer owned by Alan and Shelly they sold it to their investors and I'm their acting operations manager as I've consulted and opened several successful concepts and they will announce more soon. Thank you.
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:53 am

They divested and are still good friends with ownership.

Chef has been a long-time friend with Fernando and was really wanting to get back into what he loves- what he studied under all of the greats for.

I spent time with him before this and after and these are two different people...

Before: Bored and looking for something special.

After: Energized, vibrant, shazaam!

Ethan is a dear friend of mine. Sometimes these things don't work out. It doesn't mean there are hurt feelings. We have years ahead of us, my friends- and he's going to blow us away, yet again.
Previous