Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

"Ultra-Exclusive" tours of Maker's Mark Distillery

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:47 am

MAKERS MARK AND MINT JULEP TOURS TEAM UP TO OFFER
ULTRA EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO DISTILLERY

‘Makers Mark After Dark’ tours start June 27

You may have been on a Maker’s Mark tour, but you have never seen the distillery like this. Mint Julep Tours and the world-famous Bourbon Brand have joined forces to allow you to “Experience the Maker.”

Beginning June 27th Mint Julep Tours is offering an exclusive PRIVATE tour of Makers Mark Distillery. Guests will hop aboard a customized Mint Julep Tours vehicle and be transported to the picturesque distillery for an evening of exceptional adventure. When the tours end at Maker’s Mark, the doors will open only to you to experience the Bourbon Mecca after hours.

“The Maker’s Mark After Hours event brings a whole new meaning to the bourbon experience at this historic distillery. We are thrilled to partner with a bourbon legend and offer these events through Mint Julep Tours,” said Sean Higgins, Chief Fun Officer at Mint Julep Tours.

Guests will enjoy a guided tour showcasing the bourbon making process, from grain to bottle. The night will be complete with a tasting with Maker’s Mark inspired cocktails and southern style appetizers under the “Spirit of the Maker,” a new hand-blown glass ceiling by world-renowned artist Dale Chihuly.

“We are thrilled to be able to partner with Mint Julep Tours to open our doors after hours for those Ambassador’s and fans of Makers Mark that wish to have an exclusive experience. To enjoy our distillery in this private and relaxing manner is something we are excited to share,” said Sydina H. Bradshaw, Director of Visitor Relations with Makers Mark.

Guests can also dip their own bottle and enjoy a private shopping experience. Tickets start at $179 a person and dates are limited. The tour is open June 27, July 25th, August 29, September 19, October 3 and November 7. Book now to reserve your spot exclusively through Mint Julep Tours at http://bourbontrailtours.com/Makers-Mar ... ience.html
no avatar
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: "Ultra-Exclusive" tours of Maker's Mark Distillery

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Gah. Marketing people kill me. It's not exclusive, let alone "ultra-exclusive," if it goes out in a press release and anyone can buy a ticket. :wink:
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:23 pm

I just want to give a shout-out to Maker's, they've been such a great partner for APRON, Inc. Last fall they hosted a great progressive dinner/distillery tour for us and ALL the proceeds went to APRON - they even subsidized the food the chefs prepared. During Derby week they donated dozens of pewter julep cups for us to sell at participating restaurants and bars which brought in a huge cash infusion, too.

We love you, Maker's! I'd dip myself in red wax if it would help get the word out about how generous y'all are.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:Gah. Marketing people kill me. It's not exclusive, let alone "ultra-exclusive," if it goes out in a press release and anyone can buy a ticket. :wink:

Usually I edit news releases to remove the hype, Jeff, but I was in a hurry this morning, so I let an occasional un-edited specimen out into the public square for everyone's entertainment. :lol: