Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Poll: Favorite pizza!

Favorite pizza!

Arni’s
No votes
Bearno’s
3%
Boombozz
9%
Borromeo’s
No votes
California Pizza Kitchen
1%
Charlestown Pizza Co.
2%
Clifton’s
5%
Coals
13%
Danny Mac’s
2%
DiOrio
3%
Donisi
1%
Fat Jimmy’s
No votes
Jet’s
2%
Johnny Brusco’s
1%
Loui Loui’s
2%
Luigi’s
2%
Mellow Mushroom
3%
New Albanian Brewing/
3%
Old Chicago
2%
Old School NY
2%
Original Impellizeri’s
9%
Papa John’s
No votes
Papalino’s
13%
Perfetto
1%
Pizza Hut
1%
Pizza King
1%
Rocky’s
1%
Sicilians
1%
Spinelli’s
3%
Steve O's
1%
Tony Impellizzerri’s
1%
Uncle Maddio’s
2%
Vito’s
No votes
Wick’s
5%
Za’s
3%
Other (tell us about it!)
4%

Total votes : 174
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Poll: Favorite pizza!

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:07 am

Since Steve P.'s Pizza-Pizza post has us talking about local pizza (again!), let's do a poll! It's been quite a while since we ran "Favorite Pizza," so it seems reasonable to do it again. :mrgreen: I've included a large number of pizzerias here, both local and chain, but "Other" is also available at the end in case I missed your favorite.

You can vote for up to five. Go! And then, if you like, come back and talk about your favorite(s).
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: Poll: Favorite pizza!

by Ed Vermillion » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:24 am

Missing two excellent "S" pizza places: Steve-O's in Buckner and Sicilians on S 4th. Street.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:35 am

Ed Vermillion wrote:Missing two excellent "S" pizza places: Steve-O's in Buckner and Sicilians on S 4th. Street.

Since nobody had voted yet, Ed, I fixed it. Thanks! :)
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Cafe Lou Lou probably should be listed as well!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:06 pm

MarieP wrote:Cafe Lou Lou probably should be listed as well!

Marie, Cafe Lou Lou makes a great pizza. So does Caffe Classico. But they're not pizzerias, they specialize in other stuff, with pizza as an excellent sideline. For purposes of this poll, we're just looking at places where pizza is primary. :)
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:12 pm

If you're going to have Pizza Hut and Papa John's on the list you probably ought to also have Dominos. I doubt anybody will vote for it but just to be fair....
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Jason G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

by Jason G » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:22 pm

Mark R. wrote:If you're going to have Pizza Hut and Papa John's on the list you probably ought to also have Dominos. I doubt anybody will vote for it but just to be fair....

Should have a separate poll for fast food pizzas. In that poll Dominos probably has my vote. Wife ordered a Tuscan salami and roasted veggie pizza from there the other day...not gonna lie, it tasted pretty solid. Definitely better quality that I expected. That said, Coals has my vote on the current list, cant wait till they open in middletown!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:24 pm

Jason G wrote:Should have a separate poll for fast food pizzas. In that poll Dominos probably has my vote.

It might be interesting to do that some time, Jason, but probably I'll wait until this one has run its course.
no avatar
User

Jason G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

by Jason G » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:05 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Jason G wrote:Should have a separate poll for fast food pizzas. In that poll Dominos probably has my vote.

It might be interesting to do that some time, Jason, but probably I'll wait until this one has run its course.

For sure, I just mean that I doubt any of the chains are going to get votes in the poll, being a foodie forum and all. Maybe if you hosted it on the Courier-Journal comments section or something though... :lol:
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

by Terri Beam » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Hometown Pizza is also not listed. This was a locally-originated chain (LaGrange, if memory serves me correctly). They do operate in the Metro.

I'm not all that finicky of a pizza eater (and as of recently had to cut it out of my diet completely), but Hometown Pizza always served me well. Back when I lived out in the hinterlands (Bloomfield KY) they opened a branch in our tiny town. I've always appreciated that willingness to invest in small communities, and it's paid off for them. The Bloomfield branch is still in business.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:57 pm

Jason G wrote:
Mark R. wrote:If you're going to have Pizza Hut and Papa John's on the list you probably ought to also have Dominos. I doubt anybody will vote for it but just to be fair....

Should have a separate poll for fast food pizzas. In that poll Dominos probably has my vote. Wife ordered a Tuscan salami and roasted veggie pizza from there the other day...not gonna lie, it tasted pretty solid. Definitely better quality that I expected. That said, Coals has my vote on the current list, cant wait till they open in middletown!

I also wish Domino's had been in the list . . . since their "re-do" late last year they truly are superior to many (if not most) of the chains that did make your list! (not that they are better than Coals, Papalino's, whatever, but ahead of PJ's and PHut)
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:13 pm

No Garage Bar? Or did I miss it? I like Coals for expensive, Garage Bar for ping-pong, beer and ham, and Papalino's for the cheaper end. But lately I just cook pizza at home on a baking steel. That product really delivers as promised. Strongly recommend it.
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Angio's is one of our go to spots
BShep
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:45 am

Iggy C wrote:No Garage Bar? Or did I miss it? I like Coals for expensive, Garage Bar for ping-pong, beer and ham, and Papalino's for the cheaper end. But lately I just cook pizza at home on a baking steel. That product really delivers as promised. Strongly recommend it.

Iggy, it's the same principle as I mentioned above for Caffe Classico (awesome pizza) and Cafe Lou Lou (damn good pizza): For purposes of this list we're looking at pizzerias, with basically a single focus, as opposed to broader restaurants that happen to have outstanding pizza as part of the operation.
no avatar
User

Paul S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Goshen

by Paul S » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:26 am

FWIW, Cafe Lou Lou popped into my head as well. I did see your reasoning though.

Now that I think about it, the pizza there does give kind of a separate pizzeria vibe despite being in a restaurant. ...or at least more so than other restaurants that have pizza on the menu.
Next