Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Louisville makes top 10 "Cities for Creative 20-Somethings"

by Robin Garr » Wed May 28, 2014 8:57 am

To be honest, this story isn't very well done. It was probably written by a free-lancer who's never been here and who did the kind of "research" that 5-cents-per-word writing justifies. "Germantown's warehouses"? Hmm.

It's still good for us to get this kind of publicity, though. :mrgreen: Here's the two-paragraph summary of Louisville, which made the Top Ten at No. 8:

15 Cities for Creative 20-Somethings That Aren't New York or Los Angeles

Sure, Louisville is a mecca for sports fans and those trying to break into sports media. It's even a hot tourist destination now that Lonely Planet named it the top U.S. travel destination of 2013. It's also land of the $575 per month for a two-bedroom rent, which means young artists are sniffing it out.

Germantown's warehouses, previously tied to tobacco production, are now home to Louisville's creative class. Official citizens of Bourbon country don't have to worry about bars closing early or a dearth of festivals like the Lebowski Fest. There are dozens of concert venues, which birthed band My Morning Jacket, among others, and quirky contemporary museums and galleries like the work on display at Hotel 21C.

See the other 14 cities ...
http://www.policymic.com/articles/89659 ... os-angeles
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Louisville makes top 10 "Cities for Creative 20-Somethin

by TP Lowe » Wed May 28, 2014 10:52 am

Yeah, that was pretty bad. But it's worth what it cost us (nothing, I assume).
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed May 28, 2014 5:35 pm

I think your statement that this wasn't the best written article may be an understatement! The description of most of the cities on the latest is not exactly what the cities themselves are about nor what they say they are. I guess it's better than nothing but the article software doesn't give me the desire to visit the cities listed.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed May 28, 2014 6:07 pm

Mark R. wrote:I think your statement that this wasn't the best written article may be an understatement!

This is pretty typical of the corporate clickbait sites, though, Mark. You pay writers a few cents per 100 words (or less) and you're not going to get professional copy.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed May 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Mark R. wrote:I think your statement that this wasn't the best written article may be an understatement!

This is pretty typical of the corporate clickbait sites, though, Mark. You pay writers a few cents per 100 words (or less) and you're not going to get professional copy.

Sad but true!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"