Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Did you notice? It's Election Day, and there's booze!

by Robin Garr » Tue May 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Thanks to Antonia Lindauer for posting this reminder on Facebook:

"Did you know... For the first time in many decades, Kentuckians can booze it up on Election Day. State law changed during the 2013 session making it possible for alcohol to be purchased prior to the polls closing at 6 p.m. Chug-a-lug, my friends, and happy Election Day!"

:shock: :lol: :mrgreen:
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

Re: Did you notice? It's Election Day, and there's booze!

by Bill P » Tue May 20, 2014 3:06 pm

Great. Now we have something to blame for the lack of good judgement being exercised in the voting booth. Then again, maybe alcohol will lead to improved decision making.
BP
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Tue May 20, 2014 3:08 pm

It really can't get much worse, Bill. At least this way, when a special interest/candidate buys your vote, they can also buy you a beer!
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Harold B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu May 21, 2009 11:58 am

by Harold B » Wed May 21, 2014 8:52 am

Well apparently the news didn't make it to an Oldham County establishment. I walked to the back of a convenience store in LaGrange yesterday afternoon and the clerk shouted, "No beer unil 6pm." I should have checked the Forum yesterday, before attempting my purchase.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed May 21, 2014 10:15 am

We had a few patrons comment that Beef O'Brady's was doing the same thing. Bizarre. We were more than happy to serve them, however.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed May 21, 2014 10:46 am

Harold B wrote:Well apparently the news didn't make it to an Oldham County establishment. I walked to the back of a convenience store in LaGrange yesterday afternoon and the clerk shouted, "No beer unil 6pm." I should have checked the Forum yesterday, before attempting my purchase.

It's a county option, though. Local government could choose to take advantage of the new law ... or not.

Lexington chose not to activate the new law, so Kentucky's second city voted dry. Given Oldham's long resistance to adult beverages, I'd guess it's likely that they didn't take advantage of the change either.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Wed May 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Thanks to Antonia Lindauer for posting this reminder on Facebook:

"Did you know... For the first time in many decades, Kentuckians can booze it up on Election Day. State law changed during the 2013 session making it possible for alcohol to be purchased prior to the polls closing at 6 p.m. Chug-a-lug, my friends, and happy Election Day!"

:shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

I'll drink to that....err did drink to that.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio