Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Greens please

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Re: Greens please

by Kim H » Tue May 20, 2014 3:15 pm

Been a while since we've visited, but it's hard to get anything bad at one of Deano's establishments. Might need their greens soon, and hubby loves fried chicken! Thx for the heads up! :-)
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Tue May 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Kim H wrote:Been a while since we've visited, but it's hard to get anything bad at one of Deano's establishments. Might need their greens soon, and hubby loves fried chicken! Thx for the heads up! :-)

Their fried chicken is literally the best I've ever had. I don't eat fried foods often, but that chicken is a must-have for me.
Deb
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Kim H » Tue May 20, 2014 4:33 pm

I'm not much for fried food these days either, but hubby has no issue (I might be able to change that!) Only good thing is that I can have a few bites of his fried or fatty food without ordering an entire entree. FOR NOW! (Don't tell him! Mwaaah haa haa haa!)
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Tue May 20, 2014 5:45 pm

Smoketown USA BBQ has some really good greens, maybe the best in town. They have some good pintos too. All their veggies have no meat in them. I'm not sure enough on the details to claim vegan though.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Just adding to the list, doesn't Lonnie's often have greens, especially on its Soul Food days?
no avatar
User

Steve Andriot

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:31 pm

by Steve Andriot » Tue May 20, 2014 6:22 pm

The few times I have been to Zanzabar for their steam table lunch, they had some of the best greens I have ever had..
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed May 21, 2014 9:43 am

The collard greens at Feast BBQ are a revelation. I'd rarely had a mess of greens I liked until I tried Ryan's.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Kim H » Wed May 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Oh my gosh, so many great suggestions! I have to save this link! I think my next stop will be Equus/Jack's, then fresh greens in salad form. Just like the comfort food every now and then, and my body really wanted greens the other day. Thx again for all the awesome input!
no avatar
User

Missi N

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:56 am

by Missi N » Thu May 22, 2014 12:18 am

Those cans of Glory Foods will do in a pinch, but if you're ever out and about and wanting good greens, the Indi's chicken on 3rd street can't be beat. (Note, the same can not be said for the other locations, where quality can be variable.) Also, if you're looking for something exotic in your greens, the gomen (collards) at Queen of Sheba are amazing.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Kim H » Thu May 22, 2014 2:37 am

Missi N wrote:Those cans of Glory Foods will do in a pinch, but if you're ever out and about and wanting good greens, the Indi's chicken on 3rd street can't be beat. (Note, the same can not be said for the other locations, where quality can be variable.) Also, if you're looking for something exotic in your greens, the gomen (collards) at Queen of Sheba are amazing.

I'm embarrassed, but I almost forgot about Indi's! But love Queen of Sheba! I was craving more American/southern comfort food at the time, but we love Sheba!
Previous