Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mesh ... status and review

no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Mesh ... status and review

by Andrew Mellman » Sat May 17, 2014 10:27 pm

We are in Indy and had dinner at Mesh. Talked to Gay, the manager, and found that the Louisville location is still slated to open this fall. They estimate construction to take 4 months. Also, Anoosh is taking over as chef in Indy starting Monday (during their chef's vacation) so he will be ready to hit the ground running when Louisville does open. The Indy kitchen is in the basement to allow for more guests and evidently that is causing some concerns in Louisville.

As for the food, thiis will be a great addition to our dining scene. The menu is quite broad, including 8 regional beers on tap, a wide and reasonable wine list, and interesting bourbons. There are cheese and meat platters for the table, a dozen appetizers around $10, sandwiches around $10-12, dinner salads $12-14, and entrees from the mid teens to $40 (the special of the day, halibut with morels in a mushroom cream sauce).

My wife and I split a mushroom cheese strudel, the wedge salad, and the half chicken with blue cheese grits (boneless chicken brick-oven style, with crackly crisp skin and juicy meat). With two excellent cocktails and a 20 pct tip the bell came to $77, but one easily could double that (or spend about 30% less) depending on what is ordered. BTW, the portions are a perfect size (we saw no leftover boxes leaving), but what we ordered was very rich, and we were happy splittin the three items.

We are looking forward to the Louisville opening!
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Mesh ... status and review

by Mark R. » Sat May 17, 2014 10:48 pm

Thanks for the update, sounds like it will be a nice addition to the dining scene here. Having worked in various phases of the construction business for most of my career I highly doubt that it will take only 4 months to build and open the new restaurant here! I'm sure that's what the selected contractor may have told them but.....
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

by Gordon M Lowe » Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:The Indy kitchen is in the basement to allow for more guests and evidently that is causing some concerns in Louisville.

Why is that a problem for the Louisville location?
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun May 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Gordon M Lowe wrote:
Andrew Mellman wrote:The Indy kitchen is in the basement to allow for more guests and evidently that is causing some concerns in Louisville.

Not enough seating in the design?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sun May 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Gordon M Lowe wrote:

While I'm not positive, I believe that it would result in more seats, but insufficient parking in the space available, and the permits require a specific number of parking spaces per seat (or vice versa).
Andrew Mellman