Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Plump Peacock Bakery and Cafe

no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

The Plump Peacock Bakery and Cafe

by Gayle DeM » Thu May 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Today I had my first lunch, but not my last, at the Plump Peacock Bakery and Cafe in the cellar of Head House on Main Street, Middletown: half a baguette with honey ham, brie and carmelized onions with a cup of French Onion Soup - $7 and a fresh fruit tart with blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and mangoes - $5. This is going on my regular rotation of lunch spots!

A realatively new venue that has been open only for nine weeks, the Plump Peacock is open six days a week with breakfast and lunch Tuesday through Saturday and brunch on Sunday.

The owner/head baker is Liz Wingfield who used to have a booth at the St. Matthews (Beargrass) Farmers Arket. You may recall her memorable Maple Bacon Muffins. Yes, they are available at the cafe.

Since it is a bakery as well as a cafe, I purchased a Maple Bacon Muffin, a cream Danish and an apple Danish to take home.

https://www.facebook.com/PlumpPeacockBakery
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Linda B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: The Plump Peacock Bakery and Cafe

by Linda B » Thu May 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Gayle
I knew you had a hidden sweet tooth!
Can't wait to try this spot!
Linda Kunz Bayens
Owner of Cooking at the Cottage (502) 893-6700 &
Full time Realtor for Re/Max Associates since 1982 (502) 452-2527
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Thu May 01, 2014 8:44 pm

Linda, as for the take home goodies, I have house guests for Derby! However, in addition to the fruit tart, I must say that Liz, the owner, did divide a maple bacon muffin for the four of us to taste and I didn't turn it down!
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Linda B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Louisville, KY

by Linda B » Thu May 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Have a great Derby Day Gayle!
Linda Kunz Bayens
Owner of Cooking at the Cottage (502) 893-6700 &