Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Wild Ritas

no avatar
User

Jason G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

Wild Ritas

by Jason G » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:16 am

I haven't seen this place mentioned much on the forum, but we stopped in over the weekend and thought it was GREAT. Has anyone else been? If so what was your opinion?

We had the guacamole, 4 of the salsas, the jalapeno rellenos and like 5 different tacos which are bacsically like excellent street tacos. The drink menu was pretty stellar too, if you like mixed drinks. Personally i would highly recommend the place.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Wild Ritas

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:21 am

Thanks for the report, Jason! I keep meaning to check it out, but for some reason it doesn't stay on my radar.

I know it's run by the Wild Eggs folks ... and it's in the former home of the much-lamented Primo, right? Thanks for the glowing report. I'll try to keep it on the radar for a while.
no avatar
User

Jason G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

by Jason G » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:49 am

I never went to Primo, I think its where Mozz originally was, i don't know if that is the same spot. The location is a little weird its between downtown and "nulu" but i actually like the spot because the slugger field parking is right behind it so there is plenty of space to park.

It was totally off my radar as well, I was looking for somewhere new to try and it never came up on Yelp or LHB, but my wife actually mentioned it and I thought let's give it a shot. Glad we did.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:52 am

Jason G wrote:I never went to Primo, I think its where Mozz originally was.

Right, Primo was before Mozz. Primo was run by Bim Deitrich and it was great! One of the best Italian restaurants/bars in town during its life, but it only ran for a year or two.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:55 am

I see we did have some discussion of Wild Ritas (and various digressions about NuLu and marketing) back in November:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21407
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:54 pm

We were there Friday in a group of 14 for a surprise birthday party and really enjoyed it. They have a high end Margarita and they ignite one of the ingredients table-side and pour flaming alcohol into your drink. That was quite the hit with our group and luckily my wife stopped after one. Others didn't.......
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Thu May 01, 2014 11:14 am

We went last night (see birthday thread elsewhere). My impressions:
* Lots of people there (derby week or regular crowd?)
* a propos of Marcia's column, it was LOUD. I don't mind loud restaurants, but this was REALLY LOUD. Not quite so loud that I wouldn't go back, but loud enough that I'd be careful thinking through what kind of meal experience I wanted to have when deciding.
* We had the mussels and the white queso apps--good, not great.
* Can't comment on the entrees for my wife and daughter.
* Sides: black beans were fine; Papas Con Chipotle were outstanding (and a bit fiery for my daughter)
* I had the Molcajeteso (Mexican-style stew with chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, onions and peppers. Topped with a spicy tomato chile sauce, cilantro and queso fresco)--this was outstanding. They serve it in lava rock bowls that keep it boiling the entire time you're eating it (that didn't seem to hurt the chicken, not sure it was a kind to the shrimp). I'm having leftovers for lunch today. I'd go back just for this.