Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:58 pm

The curry dishes at Vietnam Kitchen are divine, and I don't believe I or anyone I know has ever had anything bad there... it's all good!
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:39 am

Great! Ben, I'm so glad you had a great meal with your family. We strive to make everyone comfortable. I'm from California too. I also have a four year old and understand, dinning with kids can be tough sometimes. Chef Looi called me last night and asked if it would be ok, to come in with his beautiful two year old daughter. I said of course! His wife just had their second child (a boy) so the wife was home with the newborn. So he and his daughter had dinner at Seviche. I want people to feel comfortable with all kids in our restaurant. We are proud to be a 4 star restaurant, but don't want people to feel stuffy or uncomfortable. So, I'm glad to hear that another family enjoyed dinning at Seviche. I would try Asiatique again, and maybe start with a bunch of their apps. The beef skewers with basil-chile sauce and their duck nachos are two of my favorite appetizers in the city. You can have a fun creative meal with just their starters. Marsha thank you! I have a great team. When I dine with my familia, there are no kid menus needed. Seviche does have some children specials that we offer though. As always, muchas gracias y buen provecho!
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:00 am

Another great restaurant that often seems to get overlooked is the Corner Cafe. I know its been around for 20+ years and its certainly off the beaten path, but I have never had a bad dish there! Always fresh, well prepared, excellent flavors and I leave happy without the wallet being deflated.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:40 am

Steve Magruder wrote:The curry dishes at Vietnam Kitchen are divine, and I don't believe I or anyone I know has ever had anything bad there... it's all good!

I agree! Vietnam Kitchen is a little gem! The food is just fantastic. It, and Mojito are quickly becoming my favorite places to eat!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:13 am

For fast food - try Shariaz, it's great!
Some of my favorites
Avalon
Equus
August Moon
Bistro 301 downtown
Cafe Lou Lou
Jarfi's Bistro
Limestone Restaurant
Melillo's
Napa River Grill
North End Cafe
Seviche
Westport General Store

All of these have proven kid friendly for my family. My son is 11 and my daughter is 9.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Ben Hufbauer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:00 pm

by Ben Hufbauer » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:54 am

Wow--thanks everyone for the great recommends!

Marsha: By any chance are you willing to solve the brulee vs mousse mystery?
no avatar
User

Ben Hufbauer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:00 pm

by Ben Hufbauer » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:56 am

Anthony Lamas: What is that dish pictured in your ID and on your website? Amazing presentation. My son and I want to order it...
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:35 am

Ben, you really should go to Melillos for casual Italian. They are very family friendly and the food is excellent. My standing order is a 1/2 order of the Eggplant Parm. I don't think they even give me a menu any more . . .
no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:40 pm

Hey Ben! It's the Ahi tuna seviche with coconut-ginger-lime broth. We offer two different tuna seviches, because their both so popular. The other is Chino-Latino seviche with wasabi mustard-sesame broth and sea weed salad. Ben, say hello next time your in. Muchas gracias y buen provecho!
no avatar
User

Sanjay S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:30 am

a few of my favorites

by Sanjay S » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:22 pm

Ben,

I'm fairly new to the area too and have been venturing out to try as many places as possible lately. Although many of these places have already been mentioned, I thought I'd give you a list of my favorites so far:

Havana Rumba (actually like it better than Mojito's) - Shelbyville Road
Shiraz (especially their shish kebabs) - Frankfort Ave & Holiday Manor
Bazo's (fish tacos as good as you'll find in California) - St. Matthews
Clifton's (for their calzones) - Frankfort Avenue
Vietnam Kitchen
Irish Rover - Frankfort Avenue
Oriental House - Shelbyville Road
Jack Fry's (best burgers I've found in Louisville) - Bardstown Road
Previous