Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

More Mellow Mushroom

User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

More Mellow Mushroom

by Lonnie Turner » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:39 pm

This from Insider Louisville:

http://insiderlouisville.com/news/2014/04/16/sources-mellow-mushroom-opening-bardstown-road-heart-highlands/

This is certainly welcome in our neighborhood. If you are walking between Grinstead & Highland Ave. and half way get the need for pizza, there's a pizza food desert between Uncle Maddio's & Wick's. Now this pizza vacuum will be filled!
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

Re: More Mellow Mushroom

by Doug Davis » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Oh thank God! I for one certainly hope they add a smoke shop to the waiting area of their restaurant as well. I mean that whole block has just been in desperate need of a pizza place and smoke shop for sooo sooo long.

I mean according to Google Earth its 445 feet to Wicks pizza and 621 feet to Papalino's from 1025 Bardstown and that is just to far to walk.
I eat, therefore I am.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Doug Davis wrote:I mean according to Google Earth its 445 feet to Wicks pizza and 621 feet to Papalino's from 1025 Bardstown and that is just to far to walk.

That's just terrible! I didn't realize that that area was so desolate when it comes to pizza parlors, how you guys manage to survive down there? :lol:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:04 am

Mark R. wrote:how you guys manage to survive down there? :lol:

Well, for a long time Highlanders have gotten by when another pizza place was not within eyesight with the services of the folks who sell slices from under long coats. Not covered by health code but what are you going to do? It's a bit better now that Amazon is delivering via drone in the Highlands in ten minutes or less. We no longer have to go to the black market due to the dearth of pizza supply.
no avatar
User

Jason H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:01 pm

by Jason H » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:42 am

I get what everybody who has responded at this point is saying. There is no shortage of pizza places in the highlands. 9 is my count and that is if you are counting the national chains.

With that being said, Mellow Mushroom will probably be busy. I will probably never eat there myself. I am a Papalinos snob myself. At least we are filling in some spaces in the Highlands. There have been a handful of places closing (food and retail shops) the past couple of years. We don't need building just sitting and rotting.

As a side note, I really do not like the Hookah lounges. That is my true pet peeve. Do we know how safe it is to smoke that stuff. It seems to be a teenage thing. We really need to put a stop to those businesses. Besides there are a lot of hookah lounges, but none ever seem to be busy.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:57 am

Jason H wrote:I get what everybody who has responded at this point is saying. There is no shortage of pizza places in the highlands. 9 is my count and that is if you are counting the national chains.

With that being said, Mellow Mushroom will probably be busy.

I concur that MM will be busy, but it's more because part of their "selling" is that they have multiple draft beers and this is the perfect location for a brew bar (with all the other bars) that also happens to sell decent pizza; I'm not saying it's great pizza, but for this specific location I think the pizza will be almost incidental!

(There were earlier threads about the beer - don't they have up to 50 beers on draft in some locations?)
Andrew Mellman
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:I concur that MM will be busy, but it's more because part of their "selling" is that they have multiple draft beers and this is the perfect location for a brew bar (with all the other bars) that also happens to sell decent pizza; I'm not saying it's great pizza, but for this specific location I think the pizza will be almost incidental!

(There were earlier threads about the beer - don't they have up to 50 beers on draft in some locations?)

Agree with everything said...
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Sun May 11, 2014 4:33 pm

Mellow Mushroom is planning an interesting design for this location:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/ne ... e/8972915/