Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Great lunch in New Albany

no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Great lunch in New Albany

by Mark R. » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:23 pm

My wife and I were in New Albany around lunchtime today so we thought we would check out what new places looked interesting for lunch. We found Bread and Breakfast, a cute little café on E. Main St. May have about 5 tables inside and several outside for use during nice weather. My wife had the vegetable Panini and I had the meat lovers Panini, both of them were great. Nicely toasted bread with just the right amount of cheese and fillings. The vegetable Panini is actually served openface with the vegetables being placed in a hollowed out 1" slice of store made bread. We also split a bowl of their soup of the day which was a chicken potato chowder! The soup had a interesting very flavorful taste to it and we really enjoyed it. My wife had iced tea and I had water to drink. Total for lunch for both of us including tip was about $25, a great bargain for the meal we had.

They also sell bread by the loaf and had 4 or 5 flavors available but will make about anything you'd like to order. A loaf of their Amish wheat ended up coming home with us although we haven't tried it yet. Here's their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/breadandbreakfast, they don't have a website.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

John NA

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:09 pm

Re: Great lunch in New Albany

by John NA » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:35 pm

They are located 2 blocks from my church and I am also a fan of the place. The young woman who is the owner/operator of the place spent a number of years in the Marines. I have them cater to different events for church and she did an excellent job.
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

Re: Great lunch in New Albany

by Todd Antz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 am

I've stopped in there several times and have always enjoyed it. They have a cinnamon roll that has sliced bacon rolled into it that should be illegal that it is so good. I've also had their chicken pot pie that was excellent too.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444