Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Fast Break Pizza new menu

no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Fast Break Pizza new menu

by carla griffin » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:09 am

I don't remember seeing anything about this earlier in the forum, but Fast Break Pizza has added to, altered, enchanced (running out of adverbs here) their menu. I almost didn't stop in last night because I just didn't want pizza. I did have a hankerin' for a good beer and I knew I could get a Widmer at FBP.
Their menu now has a few more menu items and more pasta offerings then before. I opted for a penne with a bacon, ham, mushroom alfredo sauce. I was a bit dismayed when it was brought to me. It was served in the same round aluminum pan which it had been baked so, points off on presentation but hey, it's a casual place after all. The dish itself was great! It was creamy, hot with real bacon(no bacon bits or even processed real bacon bits but "we stand here and slice up strips of bacon" bits) and fresh, not canned mushrooms. I sat and read my book while I ate and before too long noticed I had inhaled my pasta and ate way past my comfort level but it was sooo good.
My pasta and a huge Widmer cost me less than $10. What a deal! Couple that with the always genuinely friendly staff and you'll understand why I love to drop in there.
Did I say the pasta was good? :D
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:58 pm

oldham County is lucky to have the two best pizza places around here.....Fast break in Crestwood and Steve O's in Buckner. Two of the best pies you will find around the louisville area...