Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Uptown Art plans wine bar in De la Torres space

by Mark R. » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:20 am

Business 1st had an interesting article about the new restaurant that will replace De la Torres this morning: http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/n ... e_lou_rdup
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Uptown Art plans wine bar in De la Torres space

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:47 pm

Mark, I split this out of the "De La Torres closing" discussion because I thought it was worth its own headline.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:14 pm

They aren't actually making it into another drinking-and-painting place, are they? I'll be surprised if those even have the half-life of a cupcake shop.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:42 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Mark, I split this out of the "De La Torres closing" discussion because I thought it was worth its own headline.

No Problem! I was going to do that but then decided to add it to the other thread.

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:They aren't actually making it into another drinking-and-painting place, are they? I'll be surprised if those even have the half-life of a cupcake shop.

It certainly doesn't look like that. If you read the thread that has certainly hired some firepower to run the kitchen and it certainly sounds like the wine selections will be first-class! Also giving the fact that they are spending $200,000 on upgrading the restaurant itself I would say they are certainly committed to making it work and work well!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:17 am

Having Tavis Rockwell on board as exec chef is a sure sign that this place will be no frigging joke on the food front.
no avatar
User

James Bibb

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:59 pm

by James Bibb » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:19 am

Tavis Rockwell is as talented, creative and most even tempered leader in the kitchen as I have seen in the business. Congrats to him and best wishes for the new operators.

Besides that, Tavis Rockwell is an awesome Chef Name.