Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Taco Punk adds Lent tacos, setting up al fresco dining

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Spring news from Gabe at Taco Punk:

Kelly and Kris Seafood are supplying Taco Punk with sustainable seafood for Lenten specials. We will be featuring seasonal offerings of mahi mahi, line caught tuna, amberjack, pup sharks and other Atlantic Ocean catch.

We are also proud to be serving their fresh, never frozen, Atlantic white and red shrimp in our pineapple coconut chili sauce. These shrimp are harvested using nets that are designed to minimize the negative impact on the sea turtle population.

As part of our ongoing transparency program, we are pleased to announce that Marksbury Farms is now exclusively sourcing all of our beef and pork taco fillings. We are also exclusively using Freebird Farms in our chicken taco fillings. These are cage free birds, never given any antibiotics and fed an all vegetarian diet and taste wonderful.

Now that the good weather has arrived, we are beginning to develop our side lot into and al fresco dining and event space. Our picnic tables arrived yesterday and we will be putting up the front gates very soon. Outdoor seating will be available as weather permits. We will be holding a launch party on the April 4 Trolley Hop with live music TBA. Many other culinary and artistic events are in store for the warm months ahead.
no avatar
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Taco Punk adds Lent tacos, setting up al fresco dining

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:50 am

I'm glad to see that, despite the failure of Gabe's Kickstarter effort last year and all the other hullabaloo, Taco Punk appears to be thriving. I feel like it's been busier there since those things happened. Maybe it was some much-needed publicity.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Taco Punk adds Lent tacos, setting up al fresco dining

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:22 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:I'm glad to see that, despite the failure of Gabe's Kickstarter effort last year and all the other hullabaloo, Taco Punk appears to be thriving. I feel like it's been busier there since those things happened. Maybe it was some much-needed publicity.

I like Taco Punk. I like Gabe's commitment to sustainable/locavore meats and produce, and I like its funky style. It's handy to my tonsorial parlor, so I eat there fairly often even when I'm not reviewing.