Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

De la Torres closing April 11

no avatar
User

Francisco Elbl

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:34 pm

De la Torres closing April 11

by Francisco Elbl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:55 pm

I just saw this posted on Facebook. Insider Louisville posted that a new restaurant will be buying property of De la Torres. I can't get to the link right now. I am both happy and sad right now. Both myself and my brother looked up to Miguel and Maggie. We always thought of them when we were opening Palermo Viejo and hoped that we could carve out a niche and last like they did. I hope you all stop by and wish them well, as I will.

Francisco J. Elbl
Owner
Palermo Viejo
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: De la Torres closing April 11

by GaryF » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:51 am

Here is the link
http://insiderlouisville.com/news/2014/ ... e-louvino/
It is sad indeed to see a long time favorite say good-bye, but I am sure the new owners and chef will carry on the excellent example set by Miguel and Maggie.
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:14 am

I also just saw a FaceBook post from Maggie that they will only be open for dinner from here out because of packing and logistical details. Trying to figure out when I'm going to get back in there to say my "until we meet agains" to them!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:51 pm

This is sad, but not exactly news ... it's been pending for a couple of years since they announced their plan to close in June 2012. I hate to see the final shoe drop, though, and Francisco, thanks for posting!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19523&p=145957
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:14 pm

I had the honor of working with Miguel back in 1996 as his salad dude then occasionally on the saute (he let me cook two things ha). I was a huge dork but I learned some very important cooking lessons from him. The main one was keeping it simple. He never added a ton of spices and ingredients (salt and pepper that's it really). It all looked so easy. But it was his technique. Super simple, perfect technique. Working with him alone was always fun. I'm glad they get to move on on their terms. I gotta get back there before they close!
no avatar
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Yeah, Im actually happy for them! They've been wanting to relocate back to Spain for awhile. So while I will miss them, Im glad its finally become a reality for them.
I eat, therefore I am.
no avatar
User

Trisha W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:51 am

by Trisha W » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Aren't the new owners associated with the shop down Bardstown that does the painting lessons?