Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Main Street Cafe? Never mind ...

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:44 am

Bad news posted by Len Stevens on Facebook. Len, are you lurking? Any additional background on this?

"So the decision was made yesterday to pull the plug on Main St Cafe and the planned Whisky Bar effective immediately. If anyone has any leads on potential employment opportunities, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks..."
User

Len Stevens

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 6:30 pm

Louisville

Re: Main Street Cafe? Never mind ...

by Len Stevens » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Robin

The owners of The Ice House building decided to focus their financial resources on the new apartments that they are building within the Ice House space. The Cafe has been a financial struggle since it's opening and it has soured their interest in taking on the planned Whisky Bar. The catering and event's business (Crushed Ice events) is on sound footing and will continue to operate.
I was informed of this decision yesterday. It is a bit of a shock and was really excited about the opportunity to open the Whisky Bar, but I have no choice but to respect their decision and move on to the next chapter in my life.

Len Stevens
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm

But... they had such great sandwiches. Oh the summer days I spent walking down Main Street and stopping in for a great lunch. Lament. :(
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Louisville Slugger

by Adriel Gray » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:33 pm

That's a shame. Chef Agnew and his gang down there were really talented. Here is hoping they find new gigs making great food!
User

Len Stevens

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 6:30 pm

Louisville

by Len Stevens » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Just so the record is accurate, Larry Agnew is still the Chef for Crushed Ice Events.

Len Stevens
no avatar
User

Bruce W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:33 am

by Bruce W » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Adriel Gray wrote:That's a shame. Chef Agnew and his gang down there were really talented. Here is hoping they find new gigs making great food!

Chef Agnew and his gang down there ARE really talented. Their skills aren't deteriorated because of this. Its unfortunate, but a chef of his caliber will continue to create excellent food!