Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Buck's--fabulous evening!!!

no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Buck's--fabulous evening!!!

by Carol C » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:35 pm

Bob and I met some friends at Buck's tonight and had an absolutely wonderful evening! Not only was the space beautiful and comfortably elegant with all the beautiful white flowers and eclectic place settings, our food was fantastic. Rick Bartlett, playing the piano at a perfect level to enjoy the music while still being able to talk, only added to the ambiance! The service was great, unobtrusive but attentive. I can't believe that Buck's was off our radar screen for so long--it certainly won't be in the future! Can't wait to go back!!!

Note: They have one of the most beautiful bars in the city!
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: Buck's--fabulous evening!!!

by Steve Shade » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:11 am

We were there not long ago. I agree with everything Carol said. The service, food, and venue were all perfect.

A few years ago my son got married and had a reception in the hallway area. Good sized crowd and everything was taken care of absolutely wonderful.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:32 am

I have always thought Buck's to be the most romantic restaurant in Louisville!

The combo of mis-matched china, white flowers, soft romantic jazz, and good food can't be beat.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:08 am

I had dinner there a few months ago and completely agree, the whole experience was a delight.
The space brought back a lot of memories, the last time I was there it was J Timothy's which seemed to me the height of elegance back in the day.