Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Noodles & Company

no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Noodles & Company

by Mark R. » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:26 pm

We were on our way home from therapy about 12:30 today and decided to stop in especially since some of the money was going to Big Brothers and Sisters! My wife and I were actually quite impressed with the food.

Since is their first day of serving the public they were still a little disorganized but not too bad and we actually got our food quite quickly. It set up so you go through a line to place your order and pay and then the food is delivered to your table. We both ended up getting the Beef Stroganoff because it sounded good to us but they had many other items on the menu that sounded equally as good.

The stroganoff was extremely good, rich and creamy with just the right amount of pepper and was served on nicely cooked noodles. We did purchase the regular size bowls of the stroganoff instead of the small ones which was definitely a mistake, the regular size ones were huge! We also each ordered side salads to round out our meals. They were also quite good and very reasonably priced at $1.50 unlike in many local restaurants.

The price for the two orders of stroganoff, to side salads, one soft drink and one water was $23, not bad at all for an lunch is good and filling. Will certainly be back again in the future.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:28 am

I went in last night after my class, around 8:30. So they were winding down for the evening. They were donating 50% of the profits to Big Brothers/Big Sisters so I thought it'd be a good excuse to try a few different things. I ordered small servings of Japanese Pan Noodles, Steak Stroganoff and Indonesian Peanut Saute for take out. You order at the register, lots of help last night so it was pretty speedy. Small serving is quite generous, would be fine for a lunch. Generally, I think all the dishes I tried were a little light on sauce. I know ordering extra sauce is an option and one I'll do upon return. My favorite was the Indonesian Peanut Saute, spicy and peanut-y, it was quite good. The Japanese Pan Noodles were udon noodles, and they seemed to be a little undercooked. Again, not enough sauce for me. The Steak Stroganoff was tasty too, if light on sauce. Can you tell I'm a saucy girl? Tofu is an option for all dishes, or no protein. The chicken was good and looked like real chicken, the "steak"...not my favorite. The beverage machine is very cool (I don't go to self service places often so humor me)...and I can see this being a point of confusion for a lot of people, each choice drills down into subchoices. I watched people attempting to dispense from this while I waited and it was interesting :)
20111012-FreestyleMachine-Main.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Mary Anne wrote:(I don't go to self service places often so humor me)...and I can see this being a point of confusion for a lot of people, each choice drills down into subchoices. I watched people attempting to dispense from this while I waited and it was interesting :)
20111012-FreestyleMachine-Main.jpg

They've been around for around 18 months now. It's expensive for the restaurant, but personally I love them as I can get exactly the flavor combinations I want (and nobody I've found - other than those with the machines - has cherry vanilla diet Dr. Pepper!).
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:38 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:They've been around for around 18 months now. It's expensive for the restaurant, but personally I love them as I can get exactly the flavor combinations I want (and nobody I've found - other than those with the machines - has cherry vanilla diet Dr. Pepper!).

Doesn't Uncle Maddio's Pizza at Bardstown and Grinstead have something similar? I don't usually do soft drinks, but I remember a high-tech machine with lots of buttons that would let you make blends.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Andrew Mellman wrote:They've been around for around 18 months now. It's expensive for the restaurant, but personally I love them as I can get exactly the flavor combinations I want (and nobody I've found - other than those with the machines - has cherry vanilla diet Dr. Pepper!).

Doesn't Uncle Maddio's Pizza at Bardstown and Grinstead have something similar? I don't usually do soft drinks, but I remember a high-tech machine with lots of buttons that would let you make blends.

Yes they have one of them as do several of the Qdoba restaurants around town and at least to the Dairy Queen out by Cabela's too. We love putting the raspberry flavoring with either Sprite zero or ginger ale. Once you get the hang of them they are very efficient and give you a lot of choices for a variety of flavors.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:34 pm

We even have one of those all-flavor pop machines at work! I can't drink carbonated beverages, but I would have been all over that prior to surgery.

Stopped by Noodles after football practice tonight. They were packed, but very friendly, quick, and efficient. My son got the small spaghetti with meatballs. He deemed it "all right". I had the small stroganoff with extra sauce, since I remembered reading on here that there wasn't much sauce on it. Good thing I did, because they really do go very light on the sauces- my son's spaghetti was the same way. At first I thought everything looked good, but then I realized that half of the steak was actually mushrooms. I think they should've had more meat, but still, the pricing was fair. I wasn't a huge fan of the dish but that's okay because I'm already looking forward to trying the peanut chicken when I go back.
Previous