Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Alberto's Italian Restaurant(s)

no avatar
User

Alison Hanover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Alberto's Italian Restaurant(s)

by Alison Hanover » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:28 pm

Had a great meal at Albertos in downtown Corydon last night and caught up with Al Papsadero and his plans. He has taken on a partner in the form of Tony Riddle exec Chef at the Galt House for the last 11 years and he will be taking over the downtown location whilst Al takes up the position of Chef at his new location Edsel Lane, Corydon on March 18th. Al also has plans to knock through the kitchen at his downtown Corydon location and open a smoke house. He sent out a starter plate of his smoked Pork Butt for us last night, served over risotto and caramalized onions - it was great. He also has a fourth location planned in Brandenburg, but I am not sure when that one is scheduled to open.

Joe had the Italian sausage, peppers and onions which was really good, very spicy sausage, and I had the chicken and mushroom marsala. The sauce was so good I almost picked my plate up to drain the last drop - I said almost, decorum won!! Both dishes were served with a side of spaghetti in tomato sauce. With two beers for Joe and three glasses of house white for me the bill was $54. We went at the end of the night so we could talk to Al, but even then 4 of the 9 tables were full. He said he had been really busy. The service was excellent without being obtrusive which I hate.

He said the menu at the new location was going to be Southern Italian while the downtown location will stay Northern Italian or maybe it was the other way around! Whatever, I have never been disappointed with Al's food and with two locations to choose from it will be a tough decision in the future.
Alison Hanover
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

Re: Alberto's Italian Restaurant(s)

by Todd Antz » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:53 pm

I've always enjoyed his food. I'm not sure if he has them on the menu, but he made us a batch of mussels off menu for us at his old location in Jeffersonville that to this day are still the best I've ever had. Well worth asking him about the next time you are in.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444