Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Taco Bell adding breakfast menu ...

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Taco Bell adding breakfast menu ...

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Here comes the Waffle Taco! Taco Bell launching breakfast menu at all U.S. properties March 27. I’ll pass, thanks ... How about you?
http://nrn.com/food-trends/taco-bell-ro ... nationwide
no avatar
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

Re: Taco Bell adding breakfast menu ...

by Lois Mauk » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Breakfast tacos are everywhere in Texas, especially in Austin. I've wondered for years why Taco Bell didn't offer them.
Make a fast friend . . . Adopt a retired racer from Greyhound Pets of America!
http://www.GPALouisville.org
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Lois Mauk wrote:Breakfast tacos are everywhere in Texas, especially in Austin. I've wondered for years why Taco Bell didn't offer them.

I love Tex-Mex breakfast in Austin and San Antonio and all over the Lond Star! And some places around Louisville have them, too ... North End Cafe has migas and breakfast tacos and, I think, some other goodies, and if I recall correctly, brunch at the Silver Dollar has some similar goodies.

But the idea of a Taco Hell "Waffle Taco" kind of repulsed me. :D
no avatar
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:50 pm

I love, love, love Taco Bell and eat it every chance I get (which is not all that often, mostly when my wife's out of town).

But I don't think I'd be interested in Taco Bell breakfast.
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 2:20 pm

by Tim Y » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:44 pm

Oh yeah, go taco bell. Every gas station/mini-mart in Texas has their version of the "breakfast burrito". They vary in quality, and ingredients, but are pretty simple to produce. They travel well also. Are they looking to do a "to go" only thing, or are they doing "sit down" too. They can do a lot of variety if they open the stores too. I am all over a breakfast margarita, if they can pull that one off!! 8)
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:29 pm

They've been working on this for years. Nice to see them finally pull the trigger so this phase can get over with and they can go back to selling discount burritos.

Subway Pizza anyone?
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:40 am

They were about the last fast food restaurant not to have breakfast, even Subway started doing breakfast a couple of years ago. I guess the pizza restaurants are about the last holdout not to have a breakfast menu.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:17 am

Yeah, but it's a hard row to hoe. Subway's breakfast is a loss leader and franchisees are up in arms. Also, it hasn't taken off the way they had hoped. It's not on target with their identity. Same for TB. Will be tough to make it stick, but you have to try new things, you just never know.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:05 am

Late night comics are having a field day with this! In general, jokes seem to focus on (1) the test market will be Colorado (munchies 24x7 for those who don't understand) or (2) now people who are still drunk from the night before have a place to go.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:49 pm

RonnieD wrote:Yeah, but it's a hard row to hoe. Subway's breakfast is a loss leader and franchisees are up in arms. Also, it hasn't taken off the way they had hoped. It's not on target with their identity. Same for TB. Will be tough to make it stick, but you have to try new things, you just never know.

I think the one major advantage that TB will have over Subway is that they have drive-through windows whereas very few Subways have them. People who want a fast food breakfast don't want to have to get out of their car to get it, they want to get it and go! That's why McDonald's does such a good breakfast business.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"