Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

Tony Boom Bozz to become national chain

by robert szappanos » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:25 pm

Just saw on Fox 41 bussiness news that they are expanding nation wide. Wonder how long it will take for people to cpmplain about him as they do now for Papa Johns...Tumble Weed and Texas Roadhouse... :D
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

Re: Tony Boom Bozz to become national chain

by Ron Johnson » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:41 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Just saw on Fox 41 bussiness news that they are expanding nation wide. Wonder how long it will take for people to cpmplain about him as they do now for Papa Johns...Tumble Weed and Texas Roadhouse... :D

not going to happen because Boombozz's food doesn't suck like TW and TR.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Tony Boom Bozz to become national chain

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:43 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Just saw on Fox 41 bussiness news that they are expanding nation wide. Wonder how long it will take for people to cpmplain about him as they do now for Papa Johns...Tumble Weed and Texas Roadhouse... :D

Robert, I don't know why I keep trying, in the light of your dogged refusal (or inability) to understand this simple issue: If Tony (or his corporate successors if he cashes in) ever reaches the volume and business size where he no longer applies his personal stamp on every unit, or begins to start worrying more about the quarterly balance sheet than keeping the customer satisfied, then and only then will the quality of the business start to slide; and many of us here will sadly and regretfully say so.

Frankly, I wish him well, and I hope this never happens. It's entirely possible for a chain to grow up well and smart and continue to offer quality, and there's not a one of us here who hasn't said so.

You may be too dense, or too hard-headed, to understand this, and I'm probably just flapping my lips to hear them flap.

But maybe if other people read this response, it well help them to put your one-note rant into perspective, if any such perspective is needed.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:43 pm

I bet it will...It will be a "CHAIN" and that is like the kiss of death on this site.... :roll:
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:53 pm

robert szappanos wrote:I bet it will...It will be a "CHAIN" and that is like the kiss of death on this site.... :roll:

No, it's not. You know that, but you refuse to admit it. Bad restaurants are the kiss of death of on this site, not chain restaurants. There are many chains that are widely liked by most, if not all, of the people on this site. Chains that serve bland or mediocre food are panned, as they should be.

But, you're not happy unless you've got that issue to bitch about, so you refuse to acknowledge the truth.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:57 pm

I guess we will see...But RON can you list the places that you mentioned as widely liked by most if not all on this site.....I would like to see the complete list..... :D
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:37 pm

robert szappanos wrote:I guess we will see...But RON can you list the places that you mentioned as widely liked by most if not all on this site.....I would like to see the complete list..... :D

Oh look, here's three whole pages of people discussing their favorite chains! On this forum! Holy smokes!
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:19 pm

On the note of chains, I've gone to the Just Fresh on Bardstown twice recently, and hot damn! their food is not only very healthy, but EXCELLENT. I highly recommend this chain. :)
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:40 pm

Popeye's. It makes me swoon.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:33 pm

I'm sure we all wish Tony the best in this endeavour and hope that he doesn't succumb to the mighty $ but rather continues to strive to produce great food! This can be seen locally where his newest restaurant not only continues to provide good food but also expands menu and service into new areas!

I agree with everybody else a statement about chains, they're not bad because they're a "chain" but because of the quality of food and service. We go to chains they provide things we want but don't patronize chains they don't meet our needs, we do the same thing with local private restaurants.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:47 pm

Mark if that is the case...then why are multiple paragraphs spent on reviews just talking about the Corporate Monster.... :roll: :roll:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:56 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Mark if that is the case...then why are multiple paragraphs spent on reviews just talking about the Corporate Monster.... :roll: :roll:

Thanks, Robert. As I said at the top of this thread, I don't know why I even bother trying to explain this stuff to you. It's like trying to teach a heifer to conjugate the third declension in Latin.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:59 pm

Thanks Erin...I was not posting at that time...Some interesting reading and lack of it from the host... :D
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:01 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Mark if that is the case...then why are multiple paragraphs spent on reviews just talking about the Corporate Monster.... :roll: :roll:

Because the "Corporate Monster" causes many restaurants to lose their original purpose for opening and also because the monster causes $'s to become the reason a restaurant exists. If a restaurant can become a chain without succumbing to the "Corporate Monster", still maintain its food quality and service and thrive then almost everyone who participates in the forums would support it!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:03 pm

Just curious...what places to you think have mantained there food quality as you say....Mark..
Next