Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mojitos lunch...

no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Mojitos lunch...

by Linda C » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:05 am

Went for the first time today. I wasn't that impressed. Daughter had seafood "burger" huge, but average. Greasy fries. Other friend hd chicken sandwich...big, but not much taste. I was extremely disappointed in the mussels. Broth was salty to the extreme. Mussels were small and a bit fishy;not at all like Seviche's. Also, the server dropped a piece of bread on my seat and left it.; never apologized or replaced it. The sweet potato fries were very good and the service was friendly.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:32 am

Wow, what a difference a few hours makes! We were at Mojito last night for dinner, around 6-ish, and our food and service couldn't have been more perfect! Of the few fried items we got, nothing was at all greasy, and those sweet potato fries w/smoked honey are UNBELIEVEABLE. It was yet another excellent meal at Mojito!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:05 pm

We have always enjoyed the food - their mojito is the best in town IMO. This is our favorite place at the moment. I'm sorry to hear you had a less than excellant experience.
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

by Fernando Martinez » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:44 pm

Linda:

Let me start by saying that as the chef/owner of Mojito and Havana Rumba I apologize by the last two experiences that you had at both of our places, because if I'm not mistaking you also had a bad experience in your last visit to Havana Rumba.
I really don't know what to say, but to apologize. It is really troubleling to me when we get comments like this, because we put so much love into what we do and when I say we, I’m including my staff, because without them we will never be where we are now.
You know the beauty of the restaurant business is that everything is made by people but it is also its weakness, an extra pinch of salt can completely ruin a dish and it is also so subjective because what is salty for somebody can be perfect for someone else, and in this case a server not realizing that he dropped bread on the table and not apologizing for it can really ruin anybody’s experience.
As a chef I really don't know what to say when you call our seafood burger mediocre when I know the process and the ingredients that go into this dish and in this case we use high quality crab meat , lobster, crawfish, grouper, cayenne pepper, ground mustard, red onions, bell peppers, top with fresh made avocado aioli, spring mix, etc, . You know ingredients that you expect in a fine dining restaurant. We get a lot of complements about our food in general, it's simple but a little bit creative, like sweet potatoe fries with smoked honey.
Our chicken sandwich is breaded with home made bread crumbs we season it we 7 different spices, topped with provolone cheese, home made sofrito sauce (an Spanish tomato and spices sauce) and crispy Serrano ham. Our potatoes chips (we don't serve fries) are made fresh every day and fried at the right temperature so they don't absorb any grease and place over paper so the paper absorbs any fat.
Our mussels are fresh and we get a lot of complements about our sauce for the mussels, like I said is really hard to keep total control of everything all the time. I'm not saying that you are wrong, because the costumer is always right.
So what I'm trying to say is that if so many things are going wrong with your table like you say, please speack up and let somebody know, so we can do something about it. I don't know of any restaurant owner or manager that will get mad at a costumer when they are complaining because they are having problems with their food or service. At least that's the way it’s in our restaurants. We strive to please people, our concept is to serve good food at an affordable price with friendly and proffecional service, we push to do better and we are never content to do just ok. That we have problems sometimes, yes, everybody does. I don't know of any chef that can taste or touch every single dish that comes out of his kitchen or any restaurant owner that can be at his place all the time and fix every single problem or talk to every single person that walks in their door, because it is simply impossible, all we ask is for a chance or a little communication, just let us know that you are having some problems and we will be glad to fix the problem.
I truly and honestly apologize for your experience at Mojito and all I can say is that if given that chance we will make it right for you or any costumer. We love what we do and we are always trying to find ways to make the costumers expirience better at Mojito or Havana Rumba by using better ingredients, better our service, etc. Our phone number for Mojito is 425-0949 call and aks for Cristina Martinez, give us another chance and will gladly buy dinner in your next visit for you and your friends. I'm truly sorry for the long post and encourage anybody to try Mojito you will not be disappointed, we stand 100 % behind our food, service and our staff.

Fernando Martinez
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Fernando Martinez » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:16 pm

Thank you Michelle and Mark for your nice comments. I'm really happy to know that you enjoyed your experience at Mojito and your business and support it is greatly appreciated

Fernando Martinez.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:28 pm

Fernando....I don't eat chicken, so I just took a taste of her sandwich. She was the one who didn't care for it much...and they thought the chips tasted greasy- I didn't mean fries, sorry. I did mention that the sweet potato fries were great. They didn't want the chips, so they ate my fries! Great seasoning. The seafood burger had lots of spice to it, but I thought it was strong (fish) tasting. I do think the portion was too large. I know people will disagree about something like that, but I don't like to have to cut a sandwich to eat it. As far as the mussels...I've had them all over the world and fixed many. many ways and was disappointed with the broth. Like you said, personal taste I guess. After one not great meal at Havana Rumba we went back anonymously and it was fantastic. I believe I mentioned that before.We have since been back with no complaints at all. I hope to go back to Mojitos and share some tapas selections with my husband ( who will try a more varied selection) I am sorry I didn't make 2 trips before making comments.
no avatar
User

Kevin Graves

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Louisville, KY

by Kevin Graves » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:46 pm

My girlfriend and I have eaten at Havana Rumba numerous times and Mojito twice. The food, drinks, and service are always great and the prices are very reasonable. When someone asks us where they can get great food for a great price, we always recommend Mojito or Havana Rumba. Don't fret, you guys are doing a great job.
Kevin J. Graves
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

by Rob_DeLessio » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:35 pm

My wife, kids and I eat at Mojito at least once a week, and have never even come close to an OK experience.....everytime it has been perfectly awesome.....thanks for everything you and your staff do Fernando.
no avatar
User

Sherry Deatrick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:01 pm

by Sherry Deatrick » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:28 am

removed
Last edited by Sherry Deatrick on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Fernando Martinez » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:31 am

No problem Linda, we will be happy to pay for your next dinner. Please contact me or Cristina when you are planning to come back.
Thank you Kevin, Rob and Sherry for your nice comments, I'm going to check to see why the caipirinhas are sour Sherry. Fernando Martinez.
no avatar
User

Andrew Gilley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:54 pm

by Andrew Gilley » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:11 pm

Ahhh...those mussels are my favorite....I practically drank the sauce and was soaking up as much as I could with bread. I was raving about those for weeks when I ate there.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:15 pm

My mom and dad are back in town from FL. for Christmas, and we're planning on taking them to Mojito for dinner on Wednesday. They've been dying to go since we called them after our first visit, raving about how great the food was!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rob_DeLessio » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:36 pm

Lunch there today was flawless...just like the umpteen times I have eaten there.....we love this place...including my 2 year old who kills the guacamole, and the tuna everytime we're in there....she also love "rings" or Calamari as we call them..
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rob_DeLessio » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:36 pm

Lunch there today was flawless...just like the umpteen times I have eaten there.....we love this place...including my 2 year old who kills the guacamole, and the tuna everytime we're in there....she also love "rings" or Calamari as we call them..
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:21 pm

I had the short-rib this past weekend....literally melts in your mouth. We love this place as well....the food has always been spot-on.
Next