Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

Stop Work Order at Spinelli's? (Westport)

by MikeG » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:43 pm

being that's it's nearing the end of march and I had heard the new location was supposed to open now I drove by Spinelli's new location on lunch.

I still see newspapers covering all the windows and a bright orange "Stop Work" sticker on the front door with the city crest on it. Anyone know what's going on with this place? It's been around 5 months in the works already.
no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

by Melissa S » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:21 pm

I don't know what's going on there, but I drive by fairly often and haven't noticed any progress in a while. I was looking forward to them opening so close to home- it's too bad.
User

Bill R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:02 am

Middletown

Stop work order.

by Bill R » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:09 pm

Stop work orders usually are caused by not having all your permits.
no avatar
User

Jeff T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Louisville

spinellis

by Jeff T » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:32 am

My son works for them. He said exactly that, wrong or no work permits. They are also expanding their Highlands store. The new store will have a full size subway car inside.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:49 pm

Expanding their Highlands location?!!? In which direction? OH wait - former acme ink location perhaps? Is that directly next door?
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:52 pm

The owner of Spinellis did buy the Acme Ink building. Several months ago, someone I know was doing some labor on the project and he said that the Highlands expansion project was also shut down for lack of permits. That has been some time ago, but it doesn't look like any work has being done since.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:54 pm

well that's no good, I just want to be able to get one frakin' slice of pie on my lunch from time to time.