Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

Actors Theatre Humana Festival Kick Off party!

by Doug Davis » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:00 pm

(Robin hopefully its okay for me to blatantly advertise in this manner? Being its for such a good local cultural cause?)

What: Humana Festival of Plays Kick Off Party
When: Feb 20th starting at 6pm
Where: Actors Theatre of Louisville

Details: FREE food and drinks provided by local area restaurants, distillers and brewers as we all come together to celebrate 38th season of the Humana Festival and the 50th anniversary of Actors as a whole. Seriously, no fee to come to the party. Hang out, socialize and learn about this year's amazing line up of plays in the festival.

Where I would like to solicit some help....
That evening the turnout is incredible (free food and drinks) and can get a wee bit packed. Sooo the InterACT Board (young professionals board supporting Actors Theatre) is going to host a very cool VIP lounge upstairs in the Jory Theatre lobby area. We will be charging a small entrance fee (like $20 bucks) and the money raised will go to support the hard working interns that support Actors Theatre every year while learning and getting experience to enable them to land jobs in theatre staff and production across the US.
To entice people to entire the VIP lounge we need to be able to offer our own food and drinks. Thus far the incredible Mayan Cafe and Wiltshire Pantry have agreed to set up tables in the VIP area and provide small bites to our VIP lounge members. But we still have room for 1-2 or more restaurants to set up as well. I think its a perfect opportunity for someone who is either new? Or is off the beaten path from NULU or down town to come out support a great cause and generate some buzz about themselves.
Where I REALLY need help?! We still need some drinks! If we could get an amazing local brewer (you guys know who you are NABC, BBC, ATG, Cumberland, etc etc!) or winery or bar to set up and provide sample (like 3-6 ounce beer pours) it would be a HUGE help to making this a success! :mrgreen:

You can contact me through the forums and I can put you in contact with Emily Lamb the interACT development chair, who is tirelessly coordinating this amazing effort.

Thank you!
I eat, therefore I am.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Actors Theatre Humana Festival Kick Off party!

by Robin Garr » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Doug Davis wrote:(Robin hopefully its okay for me to blatantly advertise in this manner? Being its for such a good local cultural cause?)

Absolutely, Doug! The "good cultural cause" purifies it completely. 8)
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:26 pm

Oh and there are two updates already!

BBC is in for providing small pours of beer! Yeah! Who else will join them?

And the cover/donation (for VIP lounge) is officially being lowered to just $10!
I eat, therefore I am.
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Anyone else? NABC? ATG?
I eat, therefore I am.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Doug Davis wrote:Anyone else? NABC? ATG?

I know those guys, and I think Cumberland, too, visit the forum, Doug; but it might be a good idea to contact them directly too.
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:09 pm

So huge thanks to our sponsors, donors, staff and volunteers but the VIP Lounge not happening this year. However the main Kick Off party with all the free food and drinks and the info about this year's amazing Humana Festival is still happening!

Hope to see lots of Hotbytes members there. :D
I eat, therefore I am.