Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

Re: The Cure Lounge coming to Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:46 pm

[Note corrected thread title]

I drive by this place all the time and had never noticed the renovations. I'll be intrigued to see it since I've always that the building was . . . shall we say . . . less than inviting.

the good news is that if you go during regular business hours, you can drop by Oscar's hardware for all your tool needs! I love having a good neighborhood hardware store, so I always encourage folks to do business with them.
User

Jesse Hendrix-Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 16, 2008 11:22 am

Schnitzelburg

Re: The Cure Lounge coming to Germantown

by Jesse Hendrix-Inman » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:29 am

The food is seriously good. Our favorite was the Schnitzelburg Roll, which was corned beef and sauerkraut in an egg roll with thousand island dipping sauce. It's a nice atmosphere too. It's a good addition to Schnitzelburg.
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Fresh Cocktails & Piergogis, two of my favorite things in life. :shock:

Must get there soon.

Are there any TVs, or is it in the newer theme of cocktail bars with none? Both are fine, and actually prefer no TVs in that type of setting...but I could also see myself having a Cocktail & Several Pierogis over some NCAA games as well if that option is available.
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:08 pm

Drove by it yesterday and the day before and realized why I hadn't spotted it yet. The northbound facing sign still said Club 21. The southbound facing sign said "the cure lounge," but I don't know if it had just been installed (they were working on the signs at the time).

I hope they can come up with a more attractive exterior.

Also, is this a lunch/dinner place or a bar/lounge with good apps/bar food?
Previous