Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Because St. Matthews always needs more pizza ...

by Rich S » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Blaze Pizza plans to apply for a liquor license to open at Shelbyville Road Plaza -- the legal ad is unclear on exactly where they'll be.

More from Business First:

Well-known franchise owner and former NBA player Ulysses “Junior” Bridgeman and restaurateur Jim Patterson are helping bring a California-based pizza chain to the South.

Bridgeman and Patterson, who jointly run Millennial Restaurant Group, signed a partnership deal with Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza to open 30 Blaze Pizza stores in Kentucky, Tennessee and Florida, a news release announced.

At Blaze Pizza, customers build their own 11-inch pizzas for about $7 using more than 40 sauces, vegetables, cheeses and meets. The pizza is then cooked and ready to eat in two to three minutes, according to the release.

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/n ... erson.html
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Because St. Matthews always needs more pizza ...

by Mark R. » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:09 pm

I saw the article on Business 1st and my thoughts were exactly like yours! We have to be reaching a saturation point for pizza restaurants in Louisville and certainly don't need another chain pizza restaurant.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:09 pm

Mark R. wrote:I saw the article on Business 1st and my thoughts were exactly like yours! We have to be reaching a saturation point for pizza restaurants in Louisville and certainly don't need another chain pizza restaurant.

It's all about salty, fatty, delicious pizza and staying open late in the middle of what's becoming the city's No. 1 nightlife zone. Junior Bridgeman is probably making more money than you or me, so I'm not going to stand up and bellow about what a fool he is for starting another pizzeria. Just sayin. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:28 pm

Hopefully it won't be Blazé Pizza!

Looking at their website, the "40 toppings" quote appears to be a bit of an exaggeration. They don't even have anchovies!

I was going to post the list of ingredients here, but it seems they just exceeded their bandwidth! Oh no, I broke it!!!

http://www.blazepizza.com/
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:32 pm

MarieP wrote:I was going to post the list of ingredients here, but it seems they just exceeded their bandwidth! Oh no, I broke it!!!

Tsk! :oops:

That's a sure sign that they're stuck with a terribly lame Internet provider, though. I hope Junior can get that fixed.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:33 am

Robin Garr wrote:Junior Bridgeman is probably making more money than you or me,

I just pretty much guarantee this to be true of anyone reading this site!
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:12 pm

MarieP wrote:Hopefully it won't be Blazé Pizza!

Looking at their website, the "40 toppings" quote appears to be a bit of an exaggeration. They don't even have anchovies!

I was going to post the list of ingredients here, but it seems they just exceeded their bandwidth! Oh no, I broke it!!!

http://www.blazepizza.com/

Fortunately the website was working again this morning so I just took a look at the menu offerings and like you I'm extremely surprised they don't include anchovies and a list of toppings that is that long. Actually, the list of toppings looks rather mundane and uninspired.

As mentioned by others Junior certainly makes much more than any of the rest of us but I wish he would look at bringing something new and exciting into the marketplace.

no avatar
User

John S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 pm

by John S » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:15 pm

I wish he would look at bringing something new and exciting into the marketplace.

I believe the other restaurant franchises he owns are Wendy's and Chili's, so he I don't think he has ever had a reputation of being associated with new or exciting restaurants.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:31 pm

John S wrote:
I wish he would look at bringing something new and exciting into the marketplace.

I believe the other restaurant franchises he owns are Wendy's and Chili's, so he I don't think he has ever had a reputation of being associated with new or exciting restaurants.

Napa River Grill. :mrgreen:

More to the point, though, the guy knows franchises and the fast-food business. I think his judgement on the capacity of the St. Matthews market to hold another pizzeria is probably more solid than any of ours.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
John S wrote:

Napa River Grill. :mrgreen:

More to the point, though, the guy knows franchises and the fast-food business. I think his judgement on the capacity of the St. Matthews market to hold another pizzeria is probably more solid than any of ours.

Hasn't he also bought into the Wild Eggs group?

no avatar
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:29 pm

I also heard he now owns Mark's Feed Store???
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Mark R. wrote:Hasn't he also bought into the Wild Eggs group?

I'm not positive, but I don't think so. I thought some of the original Napa River investors sold to Junior specifically so they could focus on growing Wild Eggs.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:16 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Mark R. wrote:Hasn't he also bought into the Wild Eggs group?

I'm not positive, but I don't think so. I thought some of the original Napa River investors sold to Junior specifically so they could focus on growing Wild Eggs.

Actually, I'm nearly certain he has ....
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:40 am

TP Lowe wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:I'm not positive, but I don't think so. I thought some of the original Napa River investors sold to Junior specifically so they could focus on growing Wild Eggs.

Actually, I'm nearly certain he has ....

I'm happy to go with your expertise. I do know for pretty sure that the original Wild Eggs investors sold out of Napa (to Junior) so they could focus on Wild Eggs. But that doesn't mean that Junior couldn't have taken a piece of Wild Eggs, too.

In any case, this is all in support of the notion that Junior is into more than just Wendys and national franchise chains.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
John S wrote:

And what he doesn't know, Jim Patterson sure does!
Andrew Mellman
Next