Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Crestwood Meats ( not Market)

no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Crestwood Meats ( not Market)

by Carla G » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Has anybody shopped there? My last steak (I get 1 every 30 days) from Crestwood Market was very disappointing. ( huge T Bone that was very pretty, well marbled but spongy texture and no flavor. ) my previous steaks from there had been very good but this last one was sub par. Anyone used Crestwood Meats? (The butcher shop across the railroad tracks.)
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Crestwood Meats ( not Market)

by Carla G » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:03 pm

Stopped at Crestwood Meats today. Place was pretty full of folks picking up orders for the game weekend. I bough 2 steaks. (One will have to hit the freezer until next month.) I bought a New York Strip ($8.99 lb.) and a T-Bone ($10.99 lb) Cooked the strip rare. It was excellent. Tender with a bit of chew to it so I knew it was actually beef. I detected no "spongy ness " to it at all. Flavor was very good. Best of all the texture was, well, meat and not something that tasted overly tenderized and almost predigested like some of the steaks from the bigger box stores. I was very happy. Young lady that served me said the store had been there 30 years. Soooo... If I am going to keep my beef intake to once a month I think I will buy my steaks there and make sure that my "treat day" doesn't disappoint.

Crestwood Meats
6554 West Hwy 146
(502) 243-9933
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Crestwood Meats ( not Market)

by Steve P » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:46 am

They have good country ham but otherwise NOT a fan.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio