Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Velocity brings news on four new spots

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Velocity brings news on four new spots

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:28 am

Velocity's Lisa Hornung devotes this week's space to one-paragraph blurbs on four new spots around town, picking up a couple that haven't been mentioned on the forum:

[url=http://www.velocityweekly.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071205/VELOCITY01/712050829/1065]This Month's Specials
Barbecue, gyros, comfort cooking and crusty pizza join the dining scene. We've always got room for that.[/url]

* <b>Marrakesh</b> has closed and reopened as <b>Gyros Café</b> (1001 Bardstown Road, 454-4407).

* <b>Bourbon Bros. BBQ</b>, as reported in the forum, has returned to life in its third incarnation in the former Cafe Lou Lou in Clifton as <b>Kentucky Bar-B-Cue Company</b> (1800 Frankfort Ave., 895-3418).

* The historic <b>South Side Inn</b> is back in business in New Albany (114 E. Main St., 812-945-5966).

* <b>Bruno's Pizzeria & Pub</b> is open at 1919 S. Preston St., 634-1003.
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:56 am

southside

as a long time new albanian
south side was always an institution in the sunny side
(much like the old duffy's burger shop)

i stopped in for a carry out yesterday

not bad
roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, and 1 chicken breast for around $10

everything tasted pretty good, decent buffet/home style cookin'

it did take a little while to get my order, but no worries

not as good as when i was a kid, certainly
but few things are
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699