Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Kline Passing

User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

Kline Passing

by Jackie R. » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:40 am

For the love of a man who has lived a full life and passed on an outstanding legacy, I wanted to be sure that anyone who would share concern for this sad news is informed:

Tom Fitzgerald of Kline Cash Register/Kline Business Solutions passed away last week. Kline was born in 1929, and Tom purchased the business in the 70's (later bringing on his partners that I have deep sympathy for at this time), providing, repairing, and supporting cash registers and POS solutions to restaurants and retail outlets in our area all this time. He was one of the best men I've ever known, traveled the world with fervor, harbored about 20 pairs of foreign exchange students, gave back to the community in countless ways, provided one of the area's kindest working environments, had deep faith in all things pure, and swelled with empathy for everyone. I'm sure that some of you have known him over the years, so I wanted to be sure that those of you were aware of this. We all loved him, and he will never not be missed.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Kline Passing

by Robin Garr » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:24 am

Thanks for sharing, Jackie. May his name be a blessing.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 am

We've used Kline's services for years. He will be missed. :(
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:38 am

I was lucky to have known him and worked for him for a time. He was a very good man. May he rest in peace.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb