Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Anyone tried Old School NY Pizza?

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Anyone tried Old School NY Pizza?

by Robin Garr » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:38 pm

New spot way out in the East End? They claim authentic NY-style, and I'm willing to put on my traveling shoes for that!

Old School NY Pizza
12907 Factory LN, Suite G
882-1776
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Scho ... 2066275268
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Anyone tried Old School NY Pizza?

by Steve P » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:59 pm

Just saw the sign for this place yesterday (ironically on our way home from East-end Papalino's) and wondered what was up with it. Might give it a try later in the week.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Highview

by Kyle L » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:39 pm

I heard from a friend , 2 slices/drink for $6 , it is pretty darn good.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Robin Garr wrote:New spot way out in the East End? They claim authentic NY-style, and I'm willing to put on my traveling shoes for that!

But Robin, that's not only outside the Waterson even outside of the Snyder! You'll have to follow these instructions to pack for winter weather as well as recalibrate your GPS to ensure you don't get lost! :P
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Mark R. wrote:But Robin, that's not only outside the Waterson even outside of the Snyder! You'll have to follow these instructions to pack for winter weather as well as recalibrate your GPS to ensure you don't get lost! :P

My Sunday job is on Westport between Goose Creek and Hurstbourne, in the gritty part of the East End. I have my passport now. 8)
no avatar
User

Jason M

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:51 pm

by Jason M » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:03 pm

We live right around the corner from this place, so I had really high hopes. I called in a takeout order last weekend for a 18" pepperoni and was told it would be 40 minutes. I arrived a few minutes early and the pizza wasn't ready yet so I ordered a slice of eggplant/roasted red pepper from the display while I waited. Total was about $20.

Unfortunately I was very disappointed with the pie. The crust was dense, chewy and bland. The sauce and toppings were passable, but far from remarkable. The reheated eggplant slice was equally meh.

With the new Papalino's right around the corner, and Coal's on the way to Middletown, I don't know that we'll ever go back to Old School.