Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Señor Iguanas Clarksville

no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Señor Iguanas Clarksville

by RonnieD » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:52 pm

The store's make-over is almost complete! We stopped by for dinner tonight and were surprised by the changes. The old front door will no longer be the new front door (it still is for now). The new front door will face L&C and be enclosed in what looks to be a very nice patio.

The interior has gone from Cantina to upscale, more akin to the one in St. Matthews perhaps. It's a complete renovation. Long time customers will scarce recognize the place. Honestly, I'm glad they are doing well and have the capital to spruce the place up, but I really miss the homey Cantina motif, a lot. It's a bit more austere than we expect from SI.

Fret not, though, the food is still amazing, if not a little bit better. My chicken chimi was the best I've had it and Aimee's Burrito Chile Colorado was in good form as well. Seamus had his usual, the kid quesadilla, and he ate practically the whole thing, so I am going to assume it was top notch.

Service was good, if a bit lagging and I didn't see some of the familiar faces we've come to know so well. Maybe just a well earned night off for some folks. Good on 'em.

I expected to see the remodeling reflected in the menu, but if they did pad it to cover costs it wasn't so much it was noticed.

It will take some adjusting to get used to the new decor and it may send us to the Central Station location a bit more often (amazing service there on last visit), but the food is consistently good. If you go, dress nice and be ready for the change.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

Re: Señor Iguanas Clarksville

by Lois Mauk » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:25 pm

We were there a week ago. Food was greyt, as always. Manager gave us the tour of the patio, etc. Still under construction. None of the decorations were up yet but the food was top notch. The menu was new but prices seemed to be roughly the same as a few months ago. Happy to see the banana burrito was still on the menu. (My favorite!)
Make a fast friend . . . Adopt a retired racer from Greyhound Pets of America!
http://www.GPALouisville.org