Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

Just got home from the Boom Bozz tasting!

by Michele Janosek » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:52 pm

Mike and I just got home from the Boom Bozz tasting @ Tyler Center on Taylorsville Road...

What a great night! From the red carpet entrance to the final goodbye, our Boom Bozz experience was top notch all the way. We were seated quickly, and the place was packed. The very attentive and super friendly waitstaff were moving non-stop, making sure every table was being taken care of. We started with the Bruschetta - served with warm soft flatbead - nice combo of fresh tomatoes, asiago cheese, garlic & onions. Perfectly balanced! Next was the Pasta Timballo - penne with spicy sausage, red peppers, onions & mozzarella - not too spicy but had a great kick, Then came the non-stop pizza...chicken fajita - divine!!!; pollotate - chicken, sliced potatoes, red onions & asiago/mozzarella - what a great taste combination; nonna - sausage, proscuitto, red onions w/3 cheeses & pomodoro sauce - hubby's fave!!; portobello bello - portobello mushrooms, spinach, red peppers & 3 cheeses - my fave!! and to top it all off cannolis from heaven - rich creamy ricotta & chocolate chips in a crispy flaky shell & the biggest honkin piece of tiramisu - light and decadent simultaneously! Another awesome touch was the (sp?) Tiratini - amaretto, coffee liquer & creme de cacao witha swirl of chocolate. Tony stopped by to say hello & was beaming with pride as he should!! If tonight's party was any indication, Boom Bozz will be a most welcome addition to the J-Town area and we are sure to be regulars. Thanks to Tony & everyone at Boom Bozz for a fabulous night!!!

Mike & Michele J.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:41 pm

Oh crap! I forgot about it! And I am super sorry to have missed it. It sounded wonderful.
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Boom Bozz Tasting, Part 2

by Gayle DeM » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:04 pm

Michele beat me to posting a review of the Boom Bozz tasting! I totally agree with her. What a great night!

The evening started off with pure pleasure when I realized that two of the five hostesses were former students of mine. Of course I enjoyed catching up on happening of their lives.

The decor is almost a melding of retro and contemporary, but above all comfortable. The place was packed, and yet I could always easily hear the conversation at my table. That is getting to be a rarity at many of Louisville's casual restaurants.

I couldn't get over how flawless the service of the wait staff was. Opening night and the service was a ten if not higher!

My least favorite dish was the Bruschetta, but really, at this time of year can, anyone find truly tasty tomatoes? My favorite starter was the Spinach and Artichoke Formaggio, a creamy blend of spinach, artichokes and four cheeses that like the Bruschetta was served with the toasted Romano flatbread.

I, too, thought the Pasta Timballo, penne with spicy Italian sausage, roasted red peppers, onions, in a spicy tomato sauce, topped with mozzarella and Romano cheese was wonderful balance spiciness without overpowering.

Michele did a great job of describing several of the pizzas, I also sampled the D'Sienna, fresh spinach with a tomato cream sauce topped with mozzarella, Asiago & Romano cheese plus roma tomatoes (This was my hands-down favorite.) and Tuscan Chicken, grilled chicken Portobello mushrooms, red onions, roma tomatoes, blended cheeses in a garlic cream sauce.

I passed on the tiramisu and cannoli, although I do have some tucked in my refrigerator for sampling tomorrow, when I have recovered from this evening’s excess.

To me the hit of the evening was the tiramitini, created from a suggestion of Shane Jackson, one of the wait staff. This is a young man who will be going far! The drink was both a visual and taste delight.

Tony and several of his partners also stopped by my table. All were congenial and bursting their buttons with pride.

I totally agree with Michele, if tonight's party is any indication, Boom Bozz will be a most welcome addition to the J-town area and I, too, am sure to be one of the regulars.

Thank you to one and all at Boom Bozz for a supercalifragelistic evening!
no avatar
User

Lori M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:48 pm

East-End

by Lori M » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:02 am

I am so glad that other people had the good sense to keep track of all the wonderful food!

My husband and I had a wonderful time tonight. I saw the invite on this forum and responded. Tony responded with a "see you there". We had no idea what to expect.

We were greated by Claude and were invited to sit with his beautiful wife, Bernadine and her new friend Amy. I thought it might be awkward, but it was great! We now have two new friends. The conversation was as wonderful as the food!

We agree that the pasta dish was wonderful. My favorite pizza was the Portobello Bello........yum! The tiramisu and cannoli were a delightful way to end the feast!

The atmosphere is fun, but sleek. The colors are great. A lot of attention to detail, but in a family friendly environment.

We got to meet Tony, and then Barbara, the owner's wife. Everyone was geniunely happy to be there and you can sense the passion for success. Good luck to all of you! Thank you for a wonderful night. We WILL be back