Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:57 pm

:shock: No thats because you are Grumpy and Complaining...all of the time.... :oops:
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:03 pm

robert szappanos wrote::shock: No thats because you are Grumpy and Complaining...all of the time.... :oops:

You mean like this post of mine from yesterday:

Every time I go to Palermo I am pleased. I always get the parillada so that we can try short rib, steak, sausage and sweetbread. The steak has always been excellent. The place is simply one of the best values in town. However, if you go expecting a steak epxerience like Ruth's Chris or Outback, you will be disappointed. That ain't what Palermo does.

Oh yeah, and the fries should be listed as a controlled substance because of their powerful addictive qualities.

or this one:

Proof is excellent. It's always good to have a restaurant open that pushes the envelope a little bit. By serving octopus and other more esoteric dishes, it just makes our dining scene even stronger.

or this one:
Highland Presbyterian is a great church, topped only by Central Presbyterian

or this one:
There is a cajun pasta dish that is delicious and very good for you.

I also really like their wings.

or this one:
I love the stuff. It has great flavor, but is much leaner than beef so it can cook up tough if overdone. The ground bison meat makes good burgers at med rare, and it makes good meatballs if you use cheese, breadcrumbs and eggs too.

sorry, I guess I am just a glass half empty kind of a guy. :shock:
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:13 pm

and then there are your cooments about the Big Box Stores and Chain places to eat....you are right Half Bull I mean Full.... :lol:
no avatar
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:15 pm

robert szappanos wrote::D Great Post John and Jon..... :D

Robert, on a completely different note. This is one of my pet peeves, and no one else may share it. Take it for what it is worth.

[rant]
Why do you put a laughing/LOL icon on every post? Everything isn't LOL!!!! I don't know why it bugs me so, but I'll read forum postings (in other places) that go: "I came home from work today. LOL So tired I don't know how I'll make it through the day. LOL [/rant]

There, I've said it. Go back to your usual posting.

Charles
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:17 pm

Robert, have you ever complained about anything on this forum? :o

That's how it works, see? We criticize those things that we don't like, and we compliment those things that we do like. Neat, huh?
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:29 pm

:D Actually I have not....You see if a person has a good meal at a chain...I dont come back with a bunch of remarks on how that cannot be true because it is a chain or all of the Large Corporation junk...and paying the minimum wage ect...I have never replied to someone about a meal that they had and liked with comments on how they are wrong. :o
no avatar
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Easy does it

by Jon K » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:49 pm

Ron: The "go and lie down" comment was meant tongue in cheek. Sorry, you took it badly. I really enjoy most of your comments on this board. The "elitest" comment was meant to be taken literally. My impression is that you think that restaurants exist to create food and to serve as an agent of social change, i.e. to preserve neighborhoods that conform to your preconceived notions of what is the greater good. I'm of the opinion that restaurants exist solely to create good food. I think this board should spend most of its time talking about the food and not the social issues. You clearly don't feel that way. C'est la vie.

Also, I find it odd that you considered my comments "personal" and don't want to respond, but think your comments about me using Rush Limbaugh tactics were germaine. Pretty inconsistent. Not to mention the fact that just because I disagreed with you, you assumed I was some kind of wingnut. Unfair rhetorical devices all, but then again, you are a professional advocate.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: Easy does it

by Ron Johnson » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:03 pm

Jon K wrote:Also, I find it odd that you considered my comments "personal" and don't want to respond, but think your comments about me using Rush Limbaugh tactics were germaine. Pretty inconsistent. Not to mention the fact that just because I disagreed with you, you assumed I was some kind of wingnut. Unfair rhetorical devices all, but then again, you are a professional advocate.

Jon: I am sorry if I hurt your feelings when I called Norton Commons "Faux Louisville."

You can't stop yourself with the ad hominem remarks can you?
:wink:
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:05 pm

robert szappanos wrote::I have never replied to someone about a meal that they had and liked with comments on how they are wrong. :o

oh, you mean like the John and Jon tag team just did in response to me stating my opinion on a topic? Don't you just hate it when that happens?

It's a bummer. :(
no avatar
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

C'mon

by Jon K » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:24 pm

Ron, I just don't follow. What was ad hominem? My analysis of how our views differ as to the role of restaurants was not personal. Referring to you as a trained advocate isn't personal. You are a lawyer and your arguments are forceful and you use any and all rhetorical devices to prove your point. Now saying that I use Rush Limbaugh tactics, that is ad hominem! I think I've stated pretty clearly my objections to confusing social goals with an "online gathering place for Louisville's foodies". IMO you don't seem to be handling the fact that people challenged your opinion very well. That's my opinion, not us ganging up on you or an ad hominem attack.
Last edited by Jon K on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:25 pm

Wow, I can't hit "refresh" fast enough to follow this thread.

Anybody have a good lunch today? I was stuck with Schlotsky's (I think that's spelled right). Not to be negative, but it was pretty awful. I have KenTex brisket at home in the fridge to make up for it tonight.

There - both positive and negative. I feel better.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: C'mon

by Ron Johnson » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:32 pm

Jon K wrote:Ron, I just don't follow. What was ad hominem? My analysis of how our views differ as to the role of restaurants was not personal. Referring to you as a trained advocate isn't personal. You are a lawyer and your arguments are forceful and you use any and all rhetorical devices to prove your point. Now saying that I use Rush Limbaugh tactics, that is ad hominem! I think I've stated pretty clearly my objections to confusing social goals with an "online gathering place for Louisville's foodies". IMO you don't seem to handle disagreement very well. That's my opinion, not an ad hominem attack.

Jon: When you say things about me, they aren't personal, but when I say things about you they are? I guess I don't follow either.

Sorry you feel that way, and again, I am sorry that calling Norton Commons "Faux Louisville" upset you.
no avatar
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Good question TP

by Jon K » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:34 pm

I had a very nice sandwich from City Cafe. The Vegetarian Club is my favorite. I know what you mean about Schlotzky's. When I lived in Austin they had just one location in the country and they were really good. Something got lost along the way.
P.S. Love your avatar!
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Good question TP

by TP Lowe » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:47 pm

Jon K wrote:P.S. Love your avatar!

Thanks for noticing - I'm a Python fan from long ago! (and I've seen the occasional Python quote from Robin on this board, too ....)
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

I missed all the fun this afternoon.

by Doogy R » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:02 pm

I sit behind a screwed up firewall at work and can't get to this board. Damn, that just isn't fair, but I reckon life itself isn't fair.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
PreviousNext