Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: I missed all the fun this afternoon.

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:16 pm

Doogy R wrote:I sit behind a screwed up firewall at work and can't get to this board. Damn, that just isn't fair, but I reckon life itself isn't fair.

Won't the workaround link that we set up when we started this forum work for you? Come to think about it, don't you WORK in IT? Or am I confusing you with someone else? ;)
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:30 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:I sit behind a screwed up firewall at work and can't get to this board. Damn, that just isn't fair, but I reckon life itself isn't fair.

Won't the workaround link that we set up when we started this forum work for you? Come to think about it, don't you WORK in IT? Or am I confusing you with someone else? ;)

I do work in IT, but I am in a different department than the people who set up and monitor the firewalls. I tried the workaround link and the admin block popped up that is was blocked because it's an ALCOHOL related site. They've got us locked down pretty tight. No outside e-mail allowed, hard to go to the best sports sites, etc. I reckon it's because we are in the health care industry, we have to be extra careful with what access is allowed. I could use my wireless card but they even track usage of that at work. :(
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:17 pm

ooh ow, what I say?

Hey Jon, Academic Elitist........ that is funny!

I thought about my post... yes, it is all about the food, that is why I talked about Karems' store front. It is beautiful, I remember when the NC folks, approached AJ, now that would be something? eh?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:22 am

Doogy R wrote:I tried the workaround link and the admin block popped up that is was blocked because it's an ALCOHOL related site. They've got us locked down pretty tight. No outside e-mail allowed, hard to go to the best sports sites, etc. I reckon it's because we are in the health care industry, we have to be extra careful with what access is allowed.

Don't you work for the same company Paige works for? Would there be any concern if I did a little hell-raising at the executive level, without any names of individual participants being mentioned, of course? I assume they don't block the CJ, so they really shouldn't be blocking us.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:20 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:I tried the workaround link and the admin block popped up that is was blocked because it's an ALCOHOL related site. They've got us locked down pretty tight. No outside e-mail allowed, hard to go to the best sports sites, etc. I reckon it's because we are in the health care industry, we have to be extra careful with what access is allowed.

Don't you work for the same company Paige works for? Would there be any concern if I did a little hell-raising at the executive level, without any names of individual participants being mentioned, of course? I assume they don't block the CJ, so they really shouldn't be blocking us.

It would probably be best to leave it alone. We do have access to the CJ and I agree we should get this site as well, but they are really weird about stuff where Paige and I are employed. I wouldn't be surprised if you were to approach them and they opened this site for us, that they'd check to see who was going there. I am being totally serious. I will just have to wait til I come home to read and post.
no avatar
User

hans m

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:47 pm

by hans m » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:36 pm

try going to http://www.kproxy.com/ and typing in the link for this site.

That should work...unless of course they also ban the kproxy site.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Proxy link.

by Doogy R » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:00 pm

hans m wrote:try going to http://www.kproxy.com/ and typing in the link for this site.

That should work...unless of course they also ban the kproxy site.

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow and let ya know how it worked out.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:27 am

Doogy R wrote:It would probably be best to leave it alone. We do have access to the CJ and I agree we should get this site as well, but they are really weird about stuff where Paige and I are employed. I wouldn't be surprised if you were to approach them and they opened this site for us, that they'd check to see who was going there. I am being totally serious. I will just have to wait til I come home to read and post.

Fair enough ... I certainly don't want to get you guys in trouble. That being said, though, this is the kind of galley-slave policy that I'd just love to see brought out into the light, and I really have to wonder if the company's senior executives either know about it or particularly care about it.
Previous