Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Rooster Creek, Buckner?

no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

Rooster Creek, Buckner?

by Bryan Shepherd » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Has anyone been to Rooster Creek in Buckner? Just wondering if it is worth the trip from Hikes Point.

The gentleman that owns it is a super-nice guy...
BShep
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Rooster Creek, Buckner?

by Steve P » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Bryan Shepherd wrote:Has anyone been to Rooster Creek in Buckner? Just wondering if it is worth the trip from Hikes Point.

The gentleman that owns it is a super-nice guy...

The streets of Garage Logic have been relatively silent on this new edition to hinterland dining. I promise to make a point of stopping by in the next week or so and will report my findings. One would hope it's better than the last place to occupy that space (the name of which evades me at the moment).
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Rooster Creek, Buckner?

by Steve P » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Bryan Shepherd wrote:Has anyone been to Rooster Creek in Buckner? Just wondering if it is worth the trip from Hikes Point.

Stopped in today. It's about a half, maybe three quarters of a notch north of Starvin' Marvin's (the previous occupants). They fixed the place up to make it feel a little more "homey", so that's a positive. My burger was a hand formed Angus beef patty cooked to a level of dryness I haven't experienced in quite some time and the fries were shoestrings and nothing to write home about. Always on the lookout for a good buffalo wing, I splurged (I think that's what you call it at a buck a wing) and also ordered some wings....which turned out to be about average. But hey, at least I got to listen to some classic (60's &70's) country music (Merle, George, Tanya, Loretta) while I dined. :?

Bryan Shepherd wrote:The gentleman that owns it is a super-nice guy...

I have no doubt they are -very- nice people. The service was excellent and the waitress made mention of how nice the owners were. I'll go back....prolly some Friday for all the Catfeeesh you can eat.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio