Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New coffee shop at Brownsboro Crossing

no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

New coffee shop at Brownsboro Crossing

by Vince Yustas » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:55 pm

More for foodies (maybe) at Brownsboro Crossing. Here's some extracts from the C-J news :

Calistoga Bakery Cafe, a Florida startup owned in part by Papa John's founder John Schnatter, plans the first of several Louisville restaurants in the Old Brownsboro Crossing development at Brownsboro Road and the Snyder Freeway.

Calistoga President Michael Cortino, who works out of Schnatter's Anchorage office, said he hopes the restaurant will be open by Derby Day next year.

Calistoga bills itself as a "neighborhood bakery cafe" serving gourmet soups, sandwiches, bread and pastries. In an April interview with The Courier-Journal, Schnatter said it is similar to the Panera Bread chain.

The Brownsboro Road location will be 6,000 square feet, including a 1,000-square-foot patio that will be enclosed with glass walls in the winter, Cortino said. There will be an inside and outside fireplace, he said.

The restaurant will have free wireless Internet and coffee refills to cater to working professionals, and a community room that can be reserved for meetings, Cortino said. The community room at the first Florida Calistoga has proved popular, he said.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071204/ZONE04/712050749/1008/NEWS01 THIS IS A CORRECTED URL
Last edited by Vince Yustas on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:16 pm

Much needed there...Should do very well...
no avatar
User

Matt K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:57 am

Downtown

by Matt K » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:21 pm

anyone heard when they will start hiring?
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:18 pm

Yikes, Papa John's taking over the bread business. I hope the offerings of this chain are better than the pizza at Papa John's.

When the original article about this chain was published early in the year they stated that the first restaurant to be opened would be in Lexington. Has anybody heard if they opened when there? If so has anybody heard any feedback about it?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:51 pm

Mark R. wrote:When the original article about this chain was published early in the year they stated that the first restaurant to be opened would be in Lexington. Has anybody heard if they opened when there? If so has anybody heard any feedback about it?

Oops, bad URL the first time. Here is the article:
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071204/ZONE04/712050749/1008/NEWS01
(AND I HAVE ALSO CORRECTED IT IN THE ORIGINAL}

To answer your question the article states:
The fledgling company also plans to open in Lexington's Hamburg Pavilion shopping center by that time [Debry Day next year], Cortino said.
Last edited by Vince Yustas on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vince Yustas
no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:54 pm

Mark R. wrote:Yikes, Papa John's taking over the bread business. I hope the offerings of this chain are better than the pizza at Papa John's.

I don't like Papa John's pizza because the sauce is too sweet. At a coffee shop, I can handle sweet.
Vince Yustas
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:54 pm

Vince Yustas wrote:I don't like Papa John's pizza because the sauce is too sweet. At a coffee shop, I can handle sweet.

I agree that sweet sauce is one of my biggest the actions to their pizza but I also don't like the fact that nothing is made fresh at the individual stores but rather is trucked in from a central location. Hopefully the same will be true of these stores!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"