Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: So, Maker's Mark and Knob Creek are Japanese now ... ;)

by Mark R. » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:02 pm

I was really concerned when I started reading your post that I thought it they were again going to try to lower the proof of Maker's Mark. Then I follow the link and read the original article which was dated February of last year!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

TimT

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm

West of the Mississippi

by TimT » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:48 am

Day before yesterday I received an email from Jenny Jacoby of Maker's Mark about this and thought I would share it with you HotByters. As Bill Samuels would say about my previous post, "it is what it isn't". I was right, and I was wrong. Here are her pertinent remarks:

"As you heard, we did send Maker's 46 to Australia. Bill Samuels, Jr. was headed over on a visit last August and we made a one-time extremely limited shipment to Sydney as we wanted to give our brand fans there a chance to try it for the first time. The bottles of Maker's 46 were only available at select specialty liquor stores. We sent a one-time shipment of 46 for Bill's visit and have not sent any since then and do not have plans to anytime soon. I believe that was the first shipment Australia had received from us in about five years. Our main focus of course is managing the availability here in the United States and we hope you'll be able to continue to find Maker's and Maker's 46 on your local shelves."

Since Maker's 46 first shipped in 2010, I think, then that would mean regular Maker's hadn't shipped since 2008 or 09 either.

Jenny continued on to say that when my "ambassador barrel" matured I probably shouldn't expect the opportunity to buy some as they normally allow. Because of my complaining they were going to ship my allocation to New Zealand!

Just kidding about that last part! (I hope)
"I dined at my favorite restaurant last night. It was like Heaven, only better. They let me in".
no avatar
User

Eric Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

by Eric Hall » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:32 am

TimT wrote:Day before yesterday I received an email from Jenny Jacoby of Maker's Mark about this and thought I would share it with you HotByters. As Bill Samuels would say about my previous post, "it is what it isn't". I was right, and I was wrong. Here are her pertinent remarks:

"As you heard, we did send Maker's 46 to Australia. Bill Samuels, Jr. was headed over on a visit last August and we made a one-time extremely limited shipment to Sydney as we wanted to give our brand fans there a chance to try it for the first time. The bottles of Maker's 46 were only available at select specialty liquor stores. We sent a one-time shipment of 46 for Bill's visit and have not sent any since then and do not have plans to anytime soon. I believe that was the first shipment Australia had received from us in about five years. Our main focus of course is managing the availability here in the United States and we hope you'll be able to continue to find Maker's and Maker's 46 on your local shelves."

Since Maker's 46 first shipped in 2010, I think, then that would mean regular Maker's hadn't shipped since 2008 or 09 either.

Jenny continued on to say that when my "ambassador barrel" matured I probably shouldn't expect the opportunity to buy some as they normally allow. Because of my complaining they were going to ship my allocation to New Zealand!

Just kidding about that last part! (I hope)

The ambassador program, another bit of marketing genius from Makers Mark.
Previous