Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Five Guys St. Matthews

no avatar
User

Steve A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am

turn left

Five Guys St. Matthews

by Steve A » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:38 am

Driving on Shelbyville this morning, I noticed signs in the windows of what used to be Hwang's martial arts that Five Guys is coming to that space. This is between the Beverage Warehouse and Goodwill, and across the street from the (for now) Liquor Barn.
"It ain't a matter of pork 'n beans that's gonna justify your soul
Just don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll."
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Five Guys St. Matthews

by Steve P » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:06 am

Steve A wrote:Driving on Shelbyville this morning, I noticed signs in the windows of what used to be Hwang's martial arts that Five Guys is coming to that space. This is between the Beverage Warehouse and Goodwill, and across the street from the (for now) Liquor Barn.

Five Guys rocks an awesome burger...But as congested as that area is, I wonder how well they will do.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:09 pm

This was posted in Business 1st couple of days ago. They also interviewed the daughter of the owner of Home Run Burgers who stated in the article that they welcome the competition.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:42 pm

Given the choice between Home Run and Five Guys, Home Run wins every time for me. I just don't see what is so special about Five Guys. I even like Smashburger better.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:52 am

BevP wrote:Given the choice between Home Run and Five Guys, Home Run wins every time for me. I just don't see what is so special about Five Guys. I even like Smashburger better.

Home Run is locally owned and operated, and Bob and Kathy are forumites! 'nuff said! :mrgreen: