Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Doc Crow's team opening Nashville steak house?

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:09 am

I'm a little wary of the source, although in fairness, Nashville's Eater dot com doesn't appear at first glance to be as sophomoric as Louisville's version. Anyway, for what it's worth, this report:

Louisville-Based Restaurant Group Brings 'Non-Traditional Steakhouse' Union Common to Midtown
Friday, October 18, 2013,
by Matt Rogers

Construction is going full steam on Union Common, a "non-traditional steakhouse concept" from Louisville-based restaurant group DC Management, in Midtown. Located next to Two Boots Pizza at the corner of Broadway and Division Street, work has been underway for several months, drawing plenty of speculation as to what would be going in the prominent location. Brett Davis, a partner with DC Management, describes the restaurant as a "steakhouse with European sensibilities," offering a variety of cuts along with a roster of small plates for sharing.

Click for the full story:
http://nashville.eater.com/archives/201 ... dtown.php#
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Re: Doc Crow's team opening Nashville steak house?

by JustinHammond » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:40 pm

There was talk of it a few months ago.

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/n ... ns-in.html
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:44 pm

JustinHammond wrote:There was talk of it a few months ago.

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/n ... ns-in.html

Thanks, Justin! That had completely slipped my mind.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:39 pm

I’m very glad to see this posting because I’ve been sitting on this for some time.

Yes, it is true, as I’ve gotten word on this from Michael Ton himself while dining at Basa. Bobby Benjamin is geared up to head up this location, which is right in the prime area of Nashville in the Vandy zone and Centennial Park part of town.

Having lived in Nashville for nearly 20 years, it does my heart well to see that it’s becoming so “foodie” centric with some WONDERFUL dining options (many more than when I lived there), and with my plans to visit friends there more in the coming months, I will be more than happy to help out a local boy doing good there.

I really am looking forward to see what this team can do with that awkward yet very visible corner of town and with a good hunk of “moo”!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Bill Veneman wrote: Bobby Benjamin is geared up to head up this location ...

So who'll be at the helm at La Coop? :shock:
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Brett Davis, a partner with DC Management, describes the restaurant as a "steakhouse with European sensibilities,"

Am I the only one who finds this completely baffling ?

If nothing else I'm betting it is the first time anyone has ever used the words "Steakhouse", "European" and "sensibilities" all in the same sentence.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:39 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Bill Veneman wrote: Bobby Benjamin is geared up to head up this location ...

So who'll be at the helm at La Coop? :shock:

Robin, from what I am understanding, Bobby is not giving up La Coop, he's just getting the new place up to speed and turning it over when it's ready...Much like Michael has done with Doc Crow's. Bobby and his wife (who is expecting by the by) are very much entrenched in Louisville from what I understand.

I've not been in to see Michael since before the holidays, so this may be or may not be still the way of things, but that was what I gleaned at the time.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Brett Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:33 pm

by Brett Davis » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Nothing changes at La Coop. Bobby's menu stays intact and he will continue to oversee and guide the kitchen crew there. He and I will be in Nashville full time through the opening of Union Common but our base is here.

We do have four key personnel from La Coop moving to Nashville to help operate the new concept and are very excited about this opportunity for them and their replacements at La Coop.

Thank you everyone for your continued support!
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Brett Davis wrote:Nothing changes at La Coop. Bobby's menu stays intact and he will continue to oversee and guide the kitchen crew there. He and I will be in Nashville full time through the opening of Union Common but our base is here.

We do have four key personnel from La Coop moving to Nashville to help operate the new concept and are very excited about this opportunity for them and their replacements at La Coop.

Thank you everyone for your continued support!

Good luck Brett.
I'm sure you guys will hit another home run. Keep up the streak.
Will Crawford