Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Owners of Game to open a 3rd restaurant

no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Owners of Game to open a 3rd restaurant

by Mark R. » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:16 pm

The owners of Hammerhead's and Game are going to open a certain restaurant recorded this article published in business 1st today: Loop 22 to open. It's going to open next week so work must of been underway for quite a while.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Owners of Game to open a 3rd restaurant

by Iggy C » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:12 pm

So right by where Great Flood Brewing is set to open, huh? That's going to be a fun night out.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:32 pm

Yeah, we didn't go really big on it at the time - it was still early - but Sara R broke this news on HotBytes (based on their Facebook post) back in October:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21303&p=159637
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:29 pm

hey all, I've been keeping an eye out for a review or some comments on this new effort (Loop 22). But haven't been able to find any, until I came across this posting over on Yelp:
http://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid ... TvwiVEjxHg

I have to say, if even 1/2 of what this woman has written is accurate, I'd doubt this place will be open for very long.

A shame, really, as they've done such unique work with their other two places. But you can't treat your customers like crap and get away with it......(for very long).
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:00 pm

Willie Myers wrote:hey all, I've been keeping an eye out for a review or some comments on this new effort (Loop 22). But haven't been able to find any, ...

Willie, I don't check Yelp too much because of its anonymous review policy, which fosters "drive by shootings."

The CJ had a very positive review of it today, though, so you might want to check that out for an alternative view.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:13 pm

http://www.yelp.com/user_details_review ... TvwiVEjxHg

She doesn't post glowing reviews of any place she has visited. Might be a person from Marsha's latest article, bitch has a hat.

We've been to Loop 22 twice, once for drinks, and once for a full night out on V-Day.(we made the news). We didn't have any problems with rude service at all and the food was good - great. It is our favorite restaurant of the three.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:57 pm

well...there ya go!
that's why I posted here...to (hopefully) get some differing opinions from folks who've been there
(and done that!).
off to Loop22, I (we) go!!
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:08 pm

Willie Myers wrote:well...there ya go!
that's why I posted here...to (hopefully) get some differing opinions from folks who've been there
(and done that!).
off to Loop22, I (we) go!!

I was a huge fan of the duck livers.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/