Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Senor Taco

no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Senor Taco

by Richard S. » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:47 pm

My wife and I stopped in at the Senor Taco that occupies the cursed space on Bardstown near Watterson Trail next to the now-closed Walgreens. We each had a pork taco ($2), which are served in the same double corn tortilla shell style as the Gordita trailer. The shells were a bit drier than the trailer serves them, with just a hint of crispness. They were pretty well stuffed with meat. I also had a Chile Verde burrito ($7.99) stuffed with chunks of roast pork along with lettuce, rice and beans. She had a chimichanga ($7.99, I think) which was filled with chorizo and topped with queso, served with rice and beans on the side. The burrito and chimi were meal-sized but I wanted to check out the tacos.
The service was sit-down, not the order-at-the-counter I was expecting. I get the sense there could be a language barrier although we didn't experience it. They have a nice salsa bar in the dining room.
There was only one other couple in the dining room at 12:30, which I hope doesn't indicate a struggle to stay open. They've added a few more signs and banners recently to attract business.
All in all it was much better than I expected. I'm kind of loyal to the Gordita trailer on the weekends but this will work when the trailer's not there.