Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Kelly Herre

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Crescent Hill, Louisville

Iron Chef Re-Creation Dinner

by Kelly Herre » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:21 pm

Just so you all know, Chef Todd and crew will feature the Iron Chef Menu on this Thursday evening (our regular dinner menu will be available as well for those who don't like/are allergic to carrots). The five course ICA menu is $60 per person and will include those items you saw on the show!
At this point, we are full between 6:45 and 8:00 but still have availability before and after.

Reservations can be made by calling 807-3463 or by making reservations online. Our website is: http://www.theoakroom.seelbachhilton.com

Thank you all for your support--Chefs Todd, Duane and Blake are feeling the love, as well they should!
no avatar
User

todd richards

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:00 am

Thank you all...

by todd richards » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:02 pm

Robin equated ICA to pro-wrestling and I do not kow if he is that off.

In all honesty we had a very good time. It was a very humbling yet rewarding experience that I will never forget. My dad had a great line that I would like to share. "You know son your show was like general custer. It is not all the victories he is famous for. It is how well he did in defeat."

Thanks for the ton of emails and calls I received. I will forward them to the food network (just joking).

Thanks again
Todd
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:47 pm

South End

by Barb T. » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:14 pm

Wow, you guys are fantastic!! I sure wish I could be there on Thursday but my health goes up and down on a daily basis. I agree beyond any doubt that you won! I can't speak for the taste but I loved your plating and the judges loved the taste. You bring, and brought, much honor to Louisville and the Oakroom! :D
no avatar
User

Kevin Graves

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Louisville, KY

by Kevin Graves » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:42 pm

Me and the lady caught the show last night and we perplexed by the outcome. It appeared that Chef Richards easily won each category. Great job representing Louisville Chef Richards. We plan on eating at the Oakroom for a second time early January and it cannot come soon enough.
Kevin J. Graves
no avatar
User

Will Pierce

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:23 pm

Chef Todd, yes. Carrots, no.

by Will Pierce » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:58 pm

Chef Todd desrved to win. But please don't do a carrots reprise. Carrots suck as a focal ingredient.
User

Luca B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:55 pm

Alton's comment

by Luca B » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:36 pm

I watched it a second time and heard Alton say something that caught my attention. I'm pretty sure the comment was added in during editing and not part of his live commentary; while they were showing Cat plating, he mentioned what an expert she was at that (or something like that). Just a little comment but after seeing that chef lost because of that part I thought it was interesting.

Anyway, it was fun to watch and very exciting. Great job by the Seelbach crew!!!
no avatar
User

KevinButler

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:21 pm

East End

Question about the Process

by KevinButler » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:46 pm

I would love it if Chef Richards could take a minute to tell us a bit more aobut the process of being involved in the show. What is the preperation and shooting like. I am sure everyone here would be extremely interested.

Like everyone else on the site, I thought there was no doubt that Chef Richards had one from all comments. I thoroughly enjoyed the episode and want to congratulate the Oak Room for their efforts. I wish I had been in town to sit in Thursday.

Kevin
Previous