Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Lynn's to be sold? finally?

by TP Lowe » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:32 am

Per the CJ. Who knows.
no avatar
User

Jason H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: Lynn's to be sold? finally?

by Jason H » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:00 am

Just an observation, but I am not sure Lynn actually wants to sell. Ever since closing there have been a few things I have notice. First, there was never a sale to get rid of any leftover merchandise. No sale of kitchen appliances or equipment. There was a report within 3 months of closing saying people were inside cleaning. There is an unusual looking for sale sign attached to the post out front. The sign came down for a couple of weeks and then was put back up. Now there are Christmas lights lit up.

I live two blocks away and find it hard for all of this stuff to be happening when a restaurant is for sale. It might be for publicity or maybe Lynn is just crazy? I don't get it. I want my Lynn's back. They had some great food.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:04 am

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/ ... -reopening

Winter, 51, also shed more light on her reasons for closing the restaurant, saying that “I thought I was dying of shingles; I couldn’t talk or breathe.” She also acknowledged publicly for the first time that she had two heart attacks before the restaurant closed. She said a labor dispute was not a factor in the decision.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:16 am

Maybe I shouldn't keep putting off getting that shingles vaccination?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:58 am

Bill P wrote:Maybe I shouldn't keep putting off getting that shingles vaccination?

Off topic, but yes, Bill, do it. We've had at least four friends in our Baby Boomer age bracket suffer shingles in the past two or three years, and it is horrible. Not life-threatening, but constant pain that lasts for months. You don't want it. Get the shot.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:00 am

TP Lowe wrote:Per the CJ. Who knows.

This is at least the third time there's been a report like this. If Lynn did have shingles, I'm sorry. It's not a thing I would wish on anyone.

But it is so debilitating and painful (at least based on our friends' experience) that it boggles credulity that she could have been suffering with it and her employees not known.

My diagnosis might be Munchhausen's Syndrome, but I'm not a doctor ... :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:00 am

Jason H wrote:... or maybe Lynn is just crazy?

Occam's razor.
I eat, therefore I am.
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:34 am

I just cannot see anyone with a modicum of business sense buying Lynn's with all the conditions she is imposing. Yes, it was a fun concept, but a new owner would need to have the freedom to change with the times. Lynn wants to control the concept and get paid too, I'll bet. As to the shingles, it is a terrible disease, but this is not the first time Lynn has gone into hermit mode with an illness that no one saw.

I will believe it when I see it. :roll:
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

by Jon K » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Bill P wrote:Maybe I shouldn't keep putting off getting that shingles vaccination?

Off topic, but yes, Bill, do it. We've had at least four friends in our Baby Boomer age bracket suffer shingles in the past two or three years, and it is horrible. Not life-threatening, but constant pain that lasts for months. You don't want it. Get the shot.

Also, some insurers were initially covering the vaccine for ages 60 and over. Many have now begun to cover it for you youngsters in your 50's out there. Get it.
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Shingles and TWO secret heart attacks? I'm convinced that her evil twin is to blame, even though she reportedly died in that plane crash over the Ozarks three years ago. It could be her secret love child with that South American dictator from years ago. Let's just hope she doesn't get amnesia.

Look, all sympathies to Lynn if these tales are true, but I gotta call bullflop when I see it and this sure looks floppy.

This LPC situation is just too gooey to want to be anywhere near in my mind. Maybe there is someone out there willing to take the risk. Bless them if they do.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

by Gordon M Lowe » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:47 pm

Years ago, Lynn's did a movie night on Sundays. The setup was an old school screen and projector, and the food was basic spaghetti, and it was fun. :D Whoever takes over should reinvigorate the quirky fun nature of the place.
no avatar
User

Steve A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am

turn left

by Steve A » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:29 am

She's has good PR, if nothing else. I'm hearing about this from out of town relatives.
"It ain't a matter of pork 'n beans that's gonna justify your soul
Just don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll."
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 2:20 pm

by Tim Y » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:36 am

My sister has the same thing Lynn has, it is called severe hypochondria!!! I think they have a pill for it now. :roll:
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:38 pm

I hope for her that she's not trying to run a restaurant that busy like this again- after shingles and two heart attacks, if her disclosure is true.

Maybe she has a point-person?

Restaurant folk lead pretty stressful lives- 'we don't live long.'

Nonetheless, I'll certainly go and throw some coppers when they reopen. Just 'cause.
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Robin Garr wrote:

Seconded...I'm still recovering. Get the shot!!!
Next