Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Only anglo in el restaurante

User

Gary Michael

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:55 pm

Only anglo in el restaurante

by Gary Michael » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:55 pm

David H. replied to my earlier post about the new La perla location and mentioned that he and his wife were the only "anglos" in the Westport Road store. Good for them. But I eat at a lot of Mexican restaurants and with the exceptions of La Rosita in New Albany and Sante Fe in Old Louisville (and of course the "tex-mex mini-chains"", I am almost always the only gringo in the restaurant!

Are people afraid to walk into an authentic Mexican restaurant and order food? They shouldn't be. Menus are almost always in English and Spanish. And they are generally happy to serve you. I would like to see more forumites posting about their experiences in authentic Mexican restaurants.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:18 pm

I love it when I am the only anglo in the joint. It used to happen all the time, but then my secret places get found out.